8/01/13

Watermelon.

Welcome back to week 2 of Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!  This week is a fun one.



I have a soft spot for watermelons.  My husband was raised on a farm and one thing they raised by the acre, was watermelon.  If you ask him....he is not a fan.  He has seen, picked and hoed one too many.  But after you raise watermelon in 40 acre patches, I can't blame him.  Me on the other hand?  I love them!  I  used to love to go out in to the patch and pick my own.  I could eat it everyday!  So I went right to the actual watermelon in the picture and this is what I came up with....

IMG_9904

I made a frame using Lil Inkers circle dies.  I stamped a cute melon slice from a Clear and Simple set.  

IMG_9905

Super CAS!  Check out what the other girls have created...




I hope you can play along this week!  Just go link up your card.

Here is our sponsor info for the week.....


Fresh Squeezed Stamps is our sponsor for the Watercolor Wonder challenge and will reward the LEAD with a choice of stamp set from the FSS store!


Thanks for stopping in today!



13 comments:

  1. Fun pop of color with all of that wonderful white space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card and a great use of the negative space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect slice of summer. Love how the little melon peeks out of the circle. Very sweet. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Laurie. Love the sweet melon slice and the circle window opening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfectly cas! i love the stitched circle and the perfectly stamped melon

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my heavens! what you do with white cardstock, a circle die cut and a stamp...totally amazing, Laurie! I'm in awe of your style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at watermelon Laurie, love this it's simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the sweetest CAS summer card!! Love it Laurie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love your card!!! I have the same experiences as your husband with tomatoes. My parent used to help a neighbor of ours with his farm. It wasn't near as big as 40 acres but it was big and we used to spend whole days outside picking green beans and tomatoes then my mom would come home and spend a whole weekend canning them. I still can not stand the smell of cooking tomatoes - YUCK. I've come around to green beans but tomatoes and I are still on the outs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This couldn't be any more perfect for the challenge. Your simple design really draws attention to the detail of that cute stitched circle!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS