8/10/13

Good things and a SALE!

I tried to sleep in today.  How come when you can sleep in you can't?  And when you have to work or get up early, all you want to do is sleep?  I am not a fan of this concept.  So at 6:20 am...I was up.  And here I am to type up my Retro Sketches post for the day! 

I used patterned paper today.  3 patterns to be exact.  Whoohoo!  Channeling my inner Suzanne today.  I hope I picked the right 3 to go together...what do you think?

IMG_9983.jpg

I simply layered up the paper and then stamped the sentiment from Verve's Brighter Days, adding in the flowers for the dress in the sketch.  (I also tried to link up the Cheery Lynn flower dies, but couldn't find a link for the supply list.)

I do love this week's sketch.  So many possibilities!  Check it out...


The original card is from this month's headliner, Claire.  Check out what she and the other girls have created using this week's sketch by checking out the Retro Sketches blog.  Link up your own too, if you can play along this week!  

On another fun note, this month is Verve's 6th Anniversary and they are having a sale!  


Click HERE to go shopping!  Happy Anniversay to Verve and to Julee!  


Have a great Saturday!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Welcome to the dilemma of life. LOL!! Sleep is like a butterfly, try to catch it and it eludes you:) Love your card, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Laurie. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Laurie - perfect patterned papers!
    It would be perfect to link up at this fortnights FUSION too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to rock the patterned papers...love your choices:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked three pretty papers Laurie! And I'm swooning over those sweet blooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to work the papers and just love the flowers! I am blessed to have a body that can sleep just about anywhere any time LOL! Power naps included. My hubby can relate to you though as his body clock gets him up early no matter what and can't believe my ability to sleep LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you with the sleeping in, or rather, the not sleeping in! Sometimes, though, being an early riser has perks - as you've clearly shown with this AWESOME card! Beautiful in every way! Your patterned papers: winning combination! LOVE this!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I love all the layers on the flowers - did you make them?
    Anyway, ironic that you should mention sleep challenges since I woke up at 3:30 and didn't feel I could go back to sleep so here I am! And, yes, I'm sure on Wednesday when I have to be up early for my son's oral surgery, I'll be totally wiped out and not want to get up!
    Thanks for making my awake time more beautiful and inspired!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS