8/10/13

Hero Arts Inspiration...

**Scroll down for my Retro Sketches post**

So I have been sitting here checking out blogs today.  Finally.  I have to be honest.  I feel kinda lost without Google Reader.  I think I am leaning towards Feedly, though.  I woke up insanely early so I had time to check things out.  I found THIS post on the Hero Arts blog.

The challenge was to find some inspiration from HeroArts.com and use some new products.  Sadly, I don't have anything from the Stamp Your Story catalog, so I decided I'd still find some inspiration and make some stuff.  :)

I found lots of techniques and videos and this is what I came up with.  I used a stamp from Hero ARts that I have had forever called Garden Bouquet.  I used my Lyra Watercolor Crayons and colored the entire image.  Then I spritzed some water and stamped it onto white cardstock....

IMG_0003.jpg

I added in a sentiment from HA's Cheer Up and then popped it up on a white card base.

This next card uses Hero Art's Small Solid Flower stamp.  I used a couple different Hero Arts inks and stamped the image after masking off the bottom of the card.  

IMG_0005.jpg

I added in a banner sentiment from Simon Says.

It's so fun to be home and finally get to making something.  Thanks for coming to visit!  




Truly Grateful:  (I couldn't find a link to the Hero Arts Garden Bouquet or my Lyra Crayons)




Congratulations card:


15 comments:

  1. I love flowers on cards so these two are making me smile. Lovely bunch of wild flowers on the first and love the big ones on the second and the yummy colours you used. Yeah for being home safe and sound!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pair of lovelies!! I probably would have passed by the flower stamp on your last card, but seeing it inked up is a whole different story!! Love the soft colors and your card design ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I am especially loving that first one, and I now need watercolor crayons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Laurie! Love them both! I know what you mean about feeling lost without Google Reader too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really wonderful. I know what you mean about missing Google Reader. I'm using Feedly, and getting used to it, but I still feel a little lost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are SO pretty Laurie! Especially love the colors of the blooms on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these CAS beautiful
    cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! I am using blog lovin and I am like "blah"! It is so frustrating getting use to something new. I have lost some of the blogs I was following and am trying to find them again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love both of your cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi just love both cards. I have been using Feedly for about to months now, totally love it, pocket is good too, you see something you like when looking on Feedly, just tap that pocket up in the right hand corner near three dots. When you go to pocket theres blogs or websites you have saved to pocket, then you tap on in pocket to open the feed, click on copy link, jump ack to Feedly and tap on search in right hand corner, right click and paste ( or if on iPad push down with finger till you get link saying 'paste', hit return on the keypad and it will look for that link then click on + symbol to add to Feedly. Sounds fiddly but really easy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE both these cards - especially the first one - wow!

    I too have been lost with Google Reader - but someone put me onto Ino Reader because it looks just like Google Reader - and I love it! The website is www.inoreader.com It works on my Smart Phone too. I have tried Feedly and Blog Lovin' and NetVibes - but I prefer Ino Reader because it is just like using Google Reader. Hope this helps :-)

    Jocelyn x
    Instead of Ironing Blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS