7/18/13

To you. From me.



Summer Card Camp 2 is so much fun.  I feel like I am getting back into the groove and feeling very inspired by all these challenges.  So my card today uses this week's color combo + 1 neutral....(not a sketch...hope that is ok). 

IMG_9885.jpg

I found an adorable cut file from A Little Hut, and had to put it to use.  Before I layered up this card, I took some distress inks and added them to a piece of white cardstock.  I considered stamping on the card stock, but felt that the lines from the cut were the right amount going on for the card front.  I added in a little banner and sentiment to finish it off.  I don't use these distress inks very often because mostly? I'm scared.  There it is.  The ugly truth.  It's kinda of like spray mist.  I have no control.  I don't like that.  I need controlled mess.  hehe!  Like "controlled splatter" in the form of a splatter stamp.  Already done for me!  Love that!  

OK.  I appreciate you stopping in!  Hope you have a great Thursday!

24 comments:

  1. gorgeous...love how the cut panel showcases your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I'm SO with you on the distress ink & sprays :) I love your card, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I love the background inking...it is gorgeous! I am the same about my distress inks and sprays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the inking and the cut panel. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my WOW. Wonderful design and amazing colors. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic inking! This is so pretty! You could hang it up in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is amazing! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is just FUN! you background look fabulous behind this fun cut out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is AWESOME!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! For someone who is scared of messy distress inks, you sure made a gorgeous card. :-) I'm just learning how to use them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laurie, that is a really beautiful card. I love how your colors flow together. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my goodness, this card is fantastic!
    I am just diving into some spray ink madness, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is stunning, Laurie!
    Spray mists scare me, too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! You hit it out of the park using the distress inks! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you on the fear of messes! I love how the sponging looks behind the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  16. all sort of gorgeousness is what I"m staring at here!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. *Perfect* ink blending - this is a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS