8/25/12

Retro Sketches...

Hi everyone!  Welcome to another addition of Retro Sketches!  We have a fun CAS sorta sketch for you today!  First off...here is my card...

IMG_7805_edited-1

I used a fun "new to me" set from Verve called Making a Statement.  I stamped the frame and then layered the little grid stamp below with foam tape and then added some leaves from Bloom and Grow.  I added in a little Cameo made, rolled rose and put it all on top of a woodgrain banner.  The sentiment is Verve too but I can't find the name of the set. 

Here is this week's sketch...

rs26

You can see the original card HERE.  It is by the amazingly talented Danielle Daws.  The girl can color!  I wish she lived closer so she could teach me how she does it!  :)  I hope you can play along with us this week. Stop over to the Retro blog to see what the other ladies have made up for us!  

I can't believe we are at the weekend already.  I am having several of my best-est friends and their husbands over for a Mexican night tonight!  It's a full on Chipotle style buffet and I am super excited!  We've done this once before and it was a hit!  The guys will be competing in a pretty intense game of horse shoes before the night is over.  Sounds fabulous doesn't it?  Horse shoes...I know right?  LOL!  I am blessed to have such a great group of girlfriends and our husbands all get along too!  So fun!  

Thanks for coming by today!  Hope your weekend is a good one!

15 comments:

  1. Pretty little card Laurie, love the new sketch! Sound like fun evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this so much:) happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! I love the wood-looking strip of paper in the backround. That yellow flower is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. The grid background and the frame are just beautiful. Have a great weekend, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mexican tonight? What time should I be there, lol? Sounds like fun, I hope you have a great time.
    Your card is beautiful Laurie! So pretty with your delicate details, from the woodgrain in your banner to the popped up scallop frame and yellow rose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just pure CAS/Verve gorgeousness :) Love the dimension...I'm thinking the set is A Happy Hello, but don't quote me...now I'm wondering too :) Have a fun dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to flash some Verve :) Great card as always. Enjoy your evening with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every stamps you touch...I want them all! That raspberry color is my have, so I just love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always...
    gorgeous perfection!! :)
    Love this!
    And it sounds like a fabulous night to me...
    right up my alley! :)
    Except for the Mexican food.
    It's mixed.
    I can't eat it.
    But everything else sounds good!
    And I actually don't have anything against margarita's either...
    liquors can mix...
    I actually prefer them that way...
    just not my food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet, simple card! Inspiring as always

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing your CAS designs on a regular basis! Gorgeous card! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the colors on this card!!! The frame is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is gorgeous! I love the layout and colors!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS