9/10/11

Wee Memories Challenge #67

Hey everyone! I am back today with my 2nd post as Guest Designer over at Wee Memories! They have a new challenge for you today! One layer cards! These area favorite of mine as I am generally a CAS girl! First off....here is my card....

IMG_2233_edited-1

In the background, I stamped Hero Arts Envelope pattern stamp using some Chai Distress Ink.  Its just a very light detail but it looks kinda cool IRL!  Next, I inked up that pitcher and then used the kissing technique with the Mehndi Medallion stamp just to give the pitcher some detail.  I added some flowers and the sentiment from that same set, Iconic Images from PTI.  And just for a little more detail, I rounded opposite corners of the base.  There you have it!  Super simple one layer card!

Check out Wee Memories for more challenge details!


The sponsor this week is Wilson Designs!  


Thanks for coming by today!  We are off to the fair again today!  So many fun things to do and way too much food!  So much for counting points this week!  I am not quite sure how much a Fried Snickers would be and I am thinking I don't want to know!  :)

26 comments:

  1. Laurie,
    This turned out so cute! CAS definitely is your style and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...thanks for the pretty inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have simplicity and beauty down to the perfect art form! I just love how white space on your cards just seems so clean and stylish. (it never quite looks like that for me :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.
    Love how you used "Mindy" on the pitcher :)
    One of these days I'll get caught up and pull out both of these sets to play with...
    love what you've done with them...
    but then...
    you're queen supreme of CAS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's some super duper kissin' you got going off here, girlie! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Just a sweet design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Laurie! love the kissed pattern and pretty sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the kissin' technique here Laurie! Perfect card for the challenge!

    Have fun at the fair! If we didn't have games this whole weekend, I'd find time to make it there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done. Love the pattern on the teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifl CAS--as always! I looked up PTI Iconic Images, but can't find it. Help?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't know why it said unknown. It was me--Diane H. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laurie, I love this card! Very well designed and simply beautiful. So glad to have you on board with us this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful and reminds me that I want that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this CAS card. I know you love that Mehndi Medallion set so much--looks great 'kissing' the pitcher. The sentiment looks terrific tucked into the pitcher like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always WOW me with how you can make something so CAS look so elegant. Gorgeous. I have to CASE this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This. Is. Gorgeous. I haven't used my Iconic Images set yet....now I simply must. I love this, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is perfection! I love everything about it. I would make one layer cards all day if I could. Love the medallion kissed on the pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous CAS card! Love the vase with the flowers ... perfect colors for fall and a TY card! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my stars!!!! Laurie - you have used this technique to stunning effect! WOW! This is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice one layer card!! I always struggle with those!! I like how you stamped your vase with the kissing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this CAS card Laurie, perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my your cards are simply gorgeous! I think I am going to case this one for some thank yous I need to get in the mail this week...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS