9/01/11

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #18

Are you up for a fun challenge?  CAS-ual Fridays has a GREAT one today!  


So here is the challenge...

"Whats Black & White and Read All Over?" In honor of International Literacy Day, create a CAS design based on a book and use the colors Black, White and Red.
*You can use a children's book, fiction, non-fiction-whatever your pleasure!

Here is my card inspiration book...


I love The Pioneer Women and I follow all of her blogs!  I love making her recipes (and my husbands loves it that I love making her recipes!), so I went with a card...cooking inspired...just for Ree and the Marlboro Man!  And here is my card...

IMG_2170_edited-1


IMG_2172_edited-1

You can see here I Glossy Accented the bowl!  Then I hand cut that insanely tiny heart and added it in while the GA was still wet!  This adorable mixer and sentiment are from Taylored Expression.

Here is this weeks CAS-ual sponsor.  Click HERE to see what the prize is!  



Can't wait to see what you cook up for this challenge...sorry I couldn't help myself there...so stop over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog and link up your creation!  The other DT girls have some seriously cute cards! Stop in and check them out!  Thanks for coming by today!

20 comments:

  1. That image is perfect for your book choice Laurie! I don't know how you always seem to be able to leave the white space alone.....I however can't! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm yum, I did a cookbook too! Great minds think alike, I love your card!
    Hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Laurie! I adore this mixer! Such a perfect card! (I love her parma ham/caramelized onions & mozzarela cheese pizza! We have it at least once a month and my hubby is a happy man!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Laurie! It's such a fabulous take on the challenge and I think I'm going to have to check out that series :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! I think that red mixer looks like one of KitchenAid mixers Ree so often gives away on her blog! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love this! Black, white, and red are so YOU! That's one cute mixer and sentiment--I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome CAS card Laurie! I LOVE that mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so fun, love Pioneer Woman, too! love the mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a perfect CAS card for your book selection!!! LOVE the mixer image---SOOOO CUTE----and the glossy accented bowl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just too cute! I LOVE the sentiment. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color combination- one of my favorites! I always love the way you use white space. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that bowl is amazing...and your cutting skills on that heart-WOW!

    I read this book in her blog posts...it was wonderful! She is quite a writer, isn't she? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. super card! I'm with ya on the Pioneer Woman - Ree is amazing as are her recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card and take on the challenge! Love the glossy accent idea for the bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome card!! I love how you put this together!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is Ah-MAZING!! I adore the Pioneer Woman and love that you were inspired by her book. Have you seen her new show on the Food Network yet? I've been taping it, but haven't watched it yet. I love her cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable! Love that mixer, what a fun image :) Love all your cards Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS