9/08/11

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #19

Can you say FALL?  Yep!  It's a FALL challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays!  And I am loving this A LOT!  I have been way too hot for way too long....sorry if I have complained at all.  But its been a hot one as many of you well know!  It is gorgeous here today and the smell of Fall is in the air.  This is my favorite season because my favorite outfit....sweatshirt and jeans...will be making a comeback!  :)

So here I am with my fall, paper piecing,challenge card....

IMG_2259_edited-1

The challenge this week is to use paper piecing in your fall themed CAS project!  And I have to tell you about my CAS card here.  It's pretty simple right?  Here's all the details. First off....Cardstock and paper from PTI.  Big Pumpkin is the large tree shape from Stamps of Life in the "trees2build" set.  Little pumpkin is actually an apple stamp from DeNami.  And the medium pumpkin?  Well I couldn't find a medium sized circle so that is actually a traced circle from a spool of twine.  Then of course that super cute sentiment is from Waltzingmouse!  And last but not least, some black twine from the Twinery!  5 companies all one one super simple card!  :)

Here is today's challenge...


Stop over to the CAS-ual blog!  I have seen the other fall creations and they amazing!  Our guest designer this week is Stacy Rodriguez so she will have a creation to share as well!  You can check out the prize for the week, too!  Our sponsor is Scraperfect!  Go and check them out!

OH and for those of you who asked about my blog...Yes!  It's a new look!  I went for the CAS look this time!  I did it all by myself too, so I was pretty excited!  I really appreciate you stopping by today!  All of your comments and emails always mean so much to me!  Have a great Friday!

31 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Laurie! Paper piecing is one of my favorite techniques.

    Love the new look to your blog. Its so fresh and clean...just like your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card Laurie. Love the simple layout and the mix of papers. I'm with you on the whole ready for fall thing. I like hot but it's been in the 100's here and that's just a little too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Which stamp set is that sentiment from? It looks Waltzingmouse-ish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cool are these, love the patterned papers!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognized the paper right away, love PTI! Cute, cute card-so full of personality. Fall is my favorite season too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's adorable!
    Love how you used all the different sets...
    and twine spool...
    to make the pumpkins!
    The papers are fabby...
    and I totally agree about it having been just too hot...
    and how soon it'll be jeans and sweats season...
    whoo-hoo!!
    *giggle*
    Love it all...
    you do CAS so perfectly...
    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love this! Your patterned papers work perfectly together. I just love fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorable Laurie! Love it and maybe I'll play some more with you ;) I was just thinking about you too, haven't heard much of tweets...hope your doing okay?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing says fall like a pile of pumpkins, and yours are extra cute in patterned paper! Hooray for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! Love how it's signature "laurie" witht he CAS look, but I love the patterns on the images. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One super simple card that is simply super cute!
    Mackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your paper pieced pumpkins, and I love your new blog header, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's some seriously fabby paper piecing, girly! Wish pumpkins really did have cool patterns like this!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - fantastic paper piecing and love the paper selections. Love your CAS look - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Love the PP you used for your paper piecing! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is brilliant. I love how you have turned so many different stamps into pumpkins. You are putting me in the fall mood. And, great new blog-look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautifully CAS, I love the paper pieced pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  18. first off, this card is genius! i adore wms sentiments, always so flowy and pretty. love the new blog look too! so very cas :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you were so creative to use so many different things for the pumpkins! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those pumpkins on your card!! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, I like simple and these pretty papers are perfect for your "pumpkins"!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the patterns you chose for the pumpkins!! Perfect!! I also like the twine around the stem!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so perfectly fall Laurie! Love those paper pieced pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Okay, how clever are you?! Love the innovation you showed in creating those pumpkins. Suuuper cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I recognized that Denami apple right away! This is fun, simple, and perfect!
    It's definitely fall here...ugh. snow is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE Your pumpkins! The choice of patterned papers is perfect and they look fab on the white background :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS