9/25/11

PTI September Blog Hop


So this month's PTI blog hop is pretty fun!  When I saw the theme at the last release, I sat down the next day and whipped these up!  I love this strip trend which you can find all over Pinterest right now!  Here is a gorgeous picture of a striped wall to pull inspiration from...


And here is the challenge straight from the PTI site...

Look closely and there are so many directions to go in! You can choose to focus on the colors, the stripes, or the repetition.

I kinda sorta went a little stripe crazy, so bare with me!  :)

Here is my first striped card...

IMG_3246_edited-1

I love these multicolored stripes!  I cut lots of 1/2" strips and went to town!

And my second...

IMG_3250_edited-1

This uses more of those same strips!  I ATG'd them all to the card base and then used Versamark to stamp the Turning a New Leaf image on the face.

And this is the last, I promise...

IMG_3243_edited-1

I had to throw a boy card in the mix!  I thought the stripes were perfect for a little blast off!

All of the cards use PTI's Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, True Black and Stampers Select White!  I love this color combo!!  

Go over and check out Nichole's blog for a full list of blog hop links!  I can't wait to see all the striped cards and projects!

I have been MIA lately as I just got back from a trip to KC!  I got to meet up with Amy and Jinny, and we got to meet Lynn for the first time!  We had a blast just talking and laughing about this amazing hobby we all have in common!  We did spend a little time eating Cheesecake too, at the Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza!  Yummo!!  I have pictures to share but I don't have much time....soon to be on my way out the door again!  I have another trip this week!  This time I get to meet Michele, Laura, Lisa and Tenia at Archivers for some inky fun!  I can't wait!!  AND the real reason for my trip is to meet my brand new niece, Henley!!  I can't wait to get on the road!

Thank you for coming by today!  When I get back, I want to get all caught up with my blog friends and see what you have been up to!  Have a great Sunday!

56 comments:

  1. Laurie you rocked this challenge!!! I adore every one of these cards. Must CASE!!!

    I'm so glad you had a great get together with the girls. Didn't you love Lynn? She's so fun and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome...the first one is my fave...so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing set of cards - love them all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, those are all really cool. I like the colors you chose and the way you laid the stripes on the first card is genius. Have fun at Archiver's. I've never been to one, but they're building one in Nashville so yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cards all three. all are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are all adorable, Laurie!! Love love love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! These are stunning Laurie! Fab colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are working those strips and then some!! Love them in 3 different ways :) I loved seeing the photos of you and the gals on Lynn's blog...she said she had a great time :) Looking forward to seeing yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had some serious mojo going when you created all of these cards...I really love the first one...so symmetrical...and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So amazing. The second one is my fav - totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW --- all are fabulous, but gotta choose #2 as my FAV!!! Wish you'd been here to help me with this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing. And I'm so jealous of the inky outings! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've made some wonderful striped cards- just stunning! The second one is my favorite, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Love all three cards, the bargello effect is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holly cow!!! The three cards are pure striped perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laurie, you always knock it out of the ballpark! Amazing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laurie, all three cards are absolutely fantastic! The colours are so eye catching and all those stripes fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these, Laurie!!!! Way to get stripey in such a fabulous way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are ALL fabulous, but the first one is my favorite! I love this color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all 3 but that first one is pretty cool. The TANL stamp on the 2nd is great and love that rocket on the last one. You did such a fab job!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are really great!
    debbie
    eastshorelanedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful cards!! i love you stamped a background on the stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are all great! I especially like the first one. Very cool! Are you coming to Colorado? If you come down to Denver you should give me a call! Congrats on your new niece.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow--three cards. And, they are all so gorgeous. I think I like the one with the rocket best--that is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So many fabulous striped cards! ;-) They are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Total awesomeness Laurie! OMG, love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Terrific cards! Love all the stripes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my, girl, each one of these is more fabulous than the last! I especially love the second one with the watermarked leaves. Absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  29. these are all just beautiful Laurie!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fantastic cards. So great to see the same idea and colours represented in different ways - so much inspiration. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. All your cards are lovely! I especially like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome cards!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful cards! I especially love the second one! Now I'm wanting to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely fabulous creations!! You are such an inspiration my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome cards - all 3!! The first one is incredible...I am sure that was quite an effort!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love all the different ways you showcased stripes--all of them fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the colors you chose to pull out of the picture! All of the cards are great! You were busy!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Laurie, I love your take on the challenge. Your cards are strinking!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow wow wow! Laurie all of these cards are fantastic!! I can't pick a favourite but I really love the colour combo you have used! You are so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are all absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Laurie.........All 3 of these cards are just amazing!!! Love each one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love, love, LOVE your cards! This color combo is gorgeous....adding it to my 'must make' list!

    ReplyDelete
  43. LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards! The first one is my fave though, those diagonal pieces are just fabuous. I love the effect. :)
    Congrats on your new niece!

    ReplyDelete
  44. These cards are AWESOME!!! Love Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow!! You did great with all of these cards! I love the graphic design! The pattern on the first card is so fun and different! The other 2 are so cute too!! Adorable!! Love the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Above and beyond my friend. I am amazed at all those stripes that you so perfectly lined up. You have detail down to a "T". My favorite is the first card....that pattern you created is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you! I enjoy participating in your challenges! Big fan! by pR

    ReplyDelete
  48. WOW! Laurie, all three of these are AMAZING!!! I especially LOVE the pattern you created on the first card and the way you stamped images in Versamark on the stripes in the last two!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS