9/15/11

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #20

TGIF, right?  It has been a pretty fun week here, as the Kansas State Fair has been going on!  I have had my fair share of food that is terrible for you and terribly yummy!  That being said....my husband and I are going to go back ONE more time...with no kiddos!  My last bad-for-me-food?  An apple dumpling! Yay!!  I told the sitter today, we are going back to see the boring stuff the kids don't want to see which includes NO midway!!     I won't step foot back there till next year!  And they won't even know they are missing out on Apple dumplings! 

OK, so on to today's CAS-ual Fridays challenge!  Mini cards!!  

Here is my mini card for valentines day...

IMG_2834_edited-1

I embossed part way down with a Cuttlebug folder on this 4x4 card.  I added some saddle stitch ribbon and then the nestie rectangle wtih the sentiment to cover up that seem.  Then I added the hearts all popped up with foam tape.  And one tiny black pearl....just because I felt like it!  :)

Here is today's challenge....


And here is our Sponsor for the week....


Check out Annabelle stamps HERE and click HERE to go see this week's CAS-ual Friday prize!

So glad you all came by today!  Have a great day!



27 comments:

  1. I almost bought that lovely embossing folder the other day, and then I talked myself out of it in an effort to be "good." That'll teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the perfect amount of everything on your cards. Love the hearts on top of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to come live with you for awhile so that I can clone myself with your style. I love how you can add dimension to your cards yet still keep them so CAS. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUN-NING!!! WOW! Love those hearts! They literally leap off the card! Laurie, this is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your color palette and those stacked hearts! I just got those little heart dies, so I guess I should give this a try huh? :) very lovely little card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Laurie! This is gorgeous. I would have never thought of this color combo, but I am glad that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colors and love, love, love the card - so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card Laurie! I love the colors and the texture! Have a blast at the Fair, loooove the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just darling! I never would have thought to use yellow for a Valentine, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stacked hearts, the black pearl is the proverbial cherry on top:) Fabulous card.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable Laurie! Love the stacked hearts and embossing. That black pearl is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this card...the base color and embossing, the layered hearts, sentiment...it's all perfect! Oh, AND the black pearl! :-) Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love that color combo!! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So perfect!! I absolutely adore your mini-card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like that stack of hearts with the tiny pearl at the top of the smallest!! So very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute card Laurie!! Love the heart and overall design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute card! Love the color combo! And the pearl...perfect!
    Mackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, such a sweet card. I love the dimensional heart. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the layered hearts on this, and those colors look GREAT together!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so sweet Laurie, love the little stack of hearts and the polka dots embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another perfect CAS card! Love your colors! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the yellow card based and the stacked hearts. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, love this card! Those hearts are adorable stacked like that, great color combo! This is a little off topic, but I must ask where or what brand your white cardstock with the slight texture is that I see keep popping up in your cards?

    ReplyDelete
  24. You know my favorite part about this???? The one tiny black gem. Makes the whole card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS