9/11/11

Stripes Color Trends Challenge

**This is my second post for the day!  Scroll down to see my DeNami blog hop project!**

Hey everyone!  I hope you are having a great Sunday!  We are playing inside today as I have a sick little one and some warmer temps outside!  I thought I would sit down while the kids were watching a movie and make a quick challenge card!  I picked the Stripes Color Trends Challenge!  I love the color combo!!

Here is my card...

IMG_2737_edited-1

I cut 3/4" strips of Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides and True black cardstock and attached them to a piece of kraft cardstock.  Then I ran that panel through my big shot with the Linen Impression Plate.  I cut a hole using a Circle Nestie.  After centering that on my kraft base, I traced the circle lightly with pencil and then stamped the compass inside.  I attached the twine and tag to the panel and then adhered it to the card base with foam tape.  Super easy!  

IMG_2738_edited-1

Here is a closer shot of the texture!  OH and the little silver pearl for some added detail!

Here is the color combo if you'd like to play along too!  Click HERE for the challenge and details!


Thanks for stopping by today!



PS.  Peter asked which woodgrain embossing folder I used for my HB card over on the Cards Challenge blog!  That is the Woodgrain Impression plate from PTI!  HTH!

27 comments:

  1. Oh, Laurie, this card is awesome!!! Love it so much. Great great card really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another fabulous project! I just made some cards using Ocean Tides -- it's definitely one of my all-time favorites. This combination is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous Laurie...I really, really love every detail about this card! You know how to rock CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might be super easy, but it's also super awesome! I hope your little one feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card! perfectly balanced and...just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fabulous. I always love your design work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Laurie! In fact, it's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaah! LOVE this! So perfectly nautical and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it!
    Those stripes...
    so perfect! :)
    Just a uber fabby card...
    as always!
    Hope the little one is better soon...
    my allergies have kept me inside with air instead of open windows and fresh breezes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous Laurie!!! My word, these stripes are to die for!!! Perfection my friend! Love your new blog look too!!

    I'm so excited to be back in a bit more of a routine and visiting my blog friends!!! I've missed you and your inspiring creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this soo much! Clean and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card Laurie! CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my giddy aunt! This is amazing. Way to nail the challenge. I love the utterly Clean and Sophisticated style of your card. The gentle and effective texture on the stripey layers is just perfect. Totally inspiring all round!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome card! I love the linen texture. Very simple and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are on a major mojo roll! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!! Awesome take on the challenge! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is fabulous ~ love how you cut out the circle to showcase the compass! Your style really rocks, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute!! It looks very sailory!! LOVE the stripes with the circle for the compass!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic card Laurie! I love those color strips and the die cut circle! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the sailing theme with those colors! Great card, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Laurie... I wish I could just get into your brain...LOL..your ideas are super!! guess the closest and next best thing is to follow your blog...LOL

    wonderful inspiration.... thanks so much for always sharing
    hugz
    shamela

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card could NOT be more perfect!!!

    Thank you so much for joining the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, again......love the stripes! And congrats on the win with this!!! Yippeeeeeee!~

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS