6/04/09

A little addition to the "leaf" how to....

I am sure somebody has made a flower like this before but I just figured out! Ok, maybe I am a little slow! If not and this is new to you, come join in my excitement! I do have a Cricut and I can cut out many styles of flowers that way, but I always want to stay true to my Marvy's! So with a little inspiration from my "leaf" how to and from Julie's "Dahlia" flower, I came up with this.

Basically do just the same thing for the flower as the leaf from the other day! I punched out 5 circles and the punched each into 2 leaf or petal shapes.

Here, I just took ink and a sponge to give color to the edges of each petal.

I skipped a step in pictures but all I did was punch out a small pink circle and attached all of the petals to the back. Once they were glued down I took a bamboo skewer and curled the petals under. This is just a picture of how I did that. You can see the finished flower off to the right.

And here complete with leaves! I used the pink Mega Marvy Circle punch for the leaves on this one. The petals are made from the blue Jumbo Marvy.

I also attached another small circle with a pop dot. I ran that circle through the CB using the Swiss Dot Embossing Folder for some added dimension.

For the tag on the card I cut out a white scalloped square and stamped the sentiment on the bottom.

I used my Scor-Pal to fold the tag in half!

Here is the finished card! (Complete with crooked stitching!)
This really was a "challenge" card for me. I use ribbon on EVERYTHING!!! I put a big ole' bow on every card I make and I just had to try one without! This card is completely made out of cardstock. No embellishments. Just completely handmade! :)

Thanks for coming by today! Hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. WOW - this is VERY pretty!! I LOVE it and that embossing adds so much to it! I have to tell you I never thought of using my punches that way so THANK YOU! See I just let others figure things like that out and then do it - much easier for me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another home-run, baby! I LOVE that the whole card is nothing but cardstock... fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea
    thanks for the instrctions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the colour combo you used. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this! Am so going to scrap-lift it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea! Makes me want to pull out some old punches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Idea!!! Thanks for sharing - Loved your card :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS