4/13/10

With Deepest Sympathy

Sympathy cards are so hard to make!  You know that the recipient is going through a hard time and you want the card to be perfect, maybe to help them cheer up a little!  I think, because of this, alot more thought goes into these types of cards!  I was really happy with the end result of this card...


I made that flower with my Cricut!  I am super excited now, to make more!  I think it really added a great focal point for the card!  PTI's Asian Fusion just came in the mail today and so this sentiment is the first thing that got inked up!  I LOVE the font in that set!  All the sentiments will get used alot here at my house, I am sure!!


Hope your Tuesday is getting to a good start!  Have a great day!

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Asian Fusion, Tin Types Background
Cardstock: PTI Melon Berry, Ripe Avacado, Lemon Tart, White CS
Ink: Ripe Avacado
Misc: Melon Berry Button, White Scrappers Floss, Silver Pearls, Fiskars Scallop Border Punch, Rectangle Nestie

21 comments:

  1. Laurie, this is stunning. Truly lovely, and I hope it WILL indeed make someone feel better. You've been really "stepping it up" lately girly! Some amazing designs coming out of your head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! Totally gorgeous!!! That flower is stunning and your card design is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO gorgeous!! I love the flower you made. I agree, the Asian sentiments have become some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie this card is so pretty! So elegant and classy, perfect for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Laurie....that flower is sooo cool! It made such a great focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love this card. The flower turned out beautiful...... I am hoping to pull out my cricut today and cut a few magnolia's from the 50 states cartridge. Is this cut from WIMG???

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, Laurie!! The colors are wonderful together!! Asian Fusion is on my wishlist! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful, Laurie. LOVE the flower and the crisp lines to everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE those colors together! This is beautiful. That flower is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just love your card! All the details are so wonderful. I like the border across the bottom of the nestie - it's a great look that I'll have to try sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a gorgeous card!!! Just beautiful and LOOOOVVEE the colors! I haven't made flowers with my Cricut in a long while...need to blow the dust off that thing and fire it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice. Love that flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forgot to ask which cart is that flower from?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this. What Cricut cartridge did you use? That flower rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's simply perfect, love everything about it!! The flowers is awesome and the color combo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with you in that sympathy cards are very difficult to do, but you've done a beautiful job with this one. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really gorgeous! Perfect sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE that flower, Laurie! Great color choices and layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE that flower - gotta tell me what you used to make it with your cricut! Everything about the card is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS