4/09/10

Big Blingy Butterfly...

So I made this really fun card today!  And I had to stop in and share!  I was recently at the dollar store buying some of those cheap little toys for the kids Easter baskets, when I found these super cute butterflies!  They were 2 for a dollar and all big and blingy and cute!  So, of course, I bought them!  I knew when I saw them, they had to go on a card!  So, I decided to pull out my clear cardstock, which I have never used by the way, and whip up a card! 
So here is my first, clear card creation...with a big blingy butterfly!


I tried my best to take pictures that would do the card justice but it was hard with the glare of the clear cardstock! 

This next one shows the black layer on the back of the card a little better....



And this one shows a nice close up of that adorable butterfly!

Thanks for coming by today!  Hope you have a great weekend!


Supplies:
Stamps: PTI's Polka Dot Basics I, Signature Greetings
Ink: Noir Palette, Fresh Snow
Paper: PTI Black and Plum Pudding
Misc: SU Top Note Die, Big Blingy Dollar Store Butterfly, Clear Cardstock

19 comments:

  1. Love the clear card! Love that butterfly - great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Gotta love dollar store finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that is WAY too cute! I LOVE everything about it! Way to "rock" it girl! :) LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty! I love your first clear card and the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow......I LOVE this card!! I really like how you used the top note on the front and the black layer on the back....it looks sooo good from the front! And of course I like the butterfly....which dollar store did you say? You've enabled!! :) Where did you get your clear cardstock?

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS - love the colors and that butterfly! I totally have to CASE this as it just ROCKS girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! love the card. The purple butterfly is gorgeous.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! love the card. The purple butterfly is gorgeous.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this, the butterfly is FABULOUS!! I got a similar butterfly at an after Christmas sale for something like 10 cents (I would have bought more but it was the last one!) I might have to case your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Laurie this card is gorgeous! I love, love that butterfly and the clear cardstock is great! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an awesome card. Love the butterfly. Going to have to go shopping to see what great things I can find. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laurie this is so pretty! $$ store finds are the best, aren't they? I haven't made a card using the clear CS as a base yet, but it is on my list and you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! First, my favorite color..PURPLE!! That butterfly is gorgeous and you ROCKED the acetate! I haven't tried an acetate card yet, need to try it.Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Love that butterfly and how you have used it on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! Love the clear card, and that butterfly is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe I missed this last week, sorry. Love this card and I would have bought up all the butterflys too. Lucky you to have a great store with stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS