4/01/10

OMG!

OK, so BEFORE you look at my card you have to read this disclaimer......This is my FIRST time EVER to use Copics.  I swore on EVERYTHING I would not start with these adictive little guys, because they really are just another hobby for me.  AND really?  Here I am with Copics in my hand.

Ok, so again....remember....first time here.  Nothing spectacular!  But I think after this flower here, that I kinda like them!  (My OMS and colored pencils are crying in the corner as I type!)

So, now that you know.....

So, I did a little shading here and there. Tried to do some blending here and there. Had fun really!  I was impressed that a few of the petals acutally look kinda 3dish?  Maybe?

 So I know there is a learning curve with these things....now back to the drawing board for me.  So I dedicate this card to my favorite stamping friends, Amy and Barb, who love Copics and just do AMAZING things with them!!  So after many questions, phone calls and texts....I still need help girls!  When is our first class?  I need one!  :)

18 comments:

  1. You are crazy girl........ this looks amazing!!! I just got my first order this morning and cannot wait to play ..... maybe you should give me some tips :) Your card is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! Love that color combo and your flower is colored beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie--I think you flower looks gorgeous!! Come on....color some more!! They ARE addictive, aren't they? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an incredible job!!! Seriously beautiful card that definitely doesn't look like a first-timer ;)

    btw... is that OMG for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you didn't tell me you actually bought copics! LOL!!! The bug hit! :) This is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job coloring it especially for your first time using them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fabulous job with the Copics, you would never know it was your first time using them!! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie, you did a great job coloring! I would have never known it was your first time. I still dont think I can take the copic plunge but you did a fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flower looks fabulous! Beautiful card, Laurie!! Copics are VERY addicting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Great job! I love your coloring and the other color choices you made as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a fabulous job with them. Now you're going to need all the colors, right :) Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So are you itching to buy more colors yet? LOL I think you did a great job! The petals definitely look dimensional with the shading you gave them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice job. Sure doesn't look like a first try. Well done!

    Quick question: what is the trim on the card? Is it a ribbon? My monitor is kind of old but it looks to me like microbeads or a lacy ribbon.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, the slippery slope of Copics. There's no turning back now. I think your coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, addictive they are! You did an awesome job - I am still putzing along and I even took a class! I find my own trial and error works best for me. I buy mine from oozak.com if you register with them the price drops considerably. Let me know if you find a better price! Happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it...fabulous job with the copics...i am trying to avoid them too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your first time? I don't believe it! That flower looks amazing. If I could even color half that good I wouldn't feel such buyers remorse for my collection of Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! Looks fantastic, but if you DO have a little class, I want in on it too! ;-) Doesn't look like you need it, though...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS