3/18/18

March MFT Card Kit Countdown...

This months MFT Card Kit is adorable as always!  This month it is a fantastically versatile set of alphabet balloons called Bundle of Balloons.  Instead of using the actual die for today's card, I am starting out with what the die cuts left behind. An amazing stencil!

MFT March Card Kit

To create the card, I used the negative after all the balloons were popped out.  Basically....don't cut the dies apart and you'll have a great cardstock stencil to use.  I tapped down the stencil and did a little oxide ink blending to create this rainbow card.  I added in "oh happy day" from the Handwritten Happiness along with some black jewels to finis the card front off.  I added the card front to a card base after trimming just a tiny bit from each of the sides.  That way it pops from the base.

MFT March Card Kit

There are more countdown days with sneaks of the new MFT kit before the kit will be available on Tuesday, March 20th at 8pm CST.  Swing back by tomorrow and check out my next card.  Thanks so much for coming by today!



15 comments:

  1. Hi Laurie
    Your card is beautiful!!! Genius idea to use this set as a stencil 🎈😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg the possibilities are endless for the new bundle of balloons die set. Thank You for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stencil creation Laurie! Beautiful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! Definitely have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...great idea to create a stencil before cutting apart the dies! Stinkin cute card! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super clever idea! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely leave my dies together, but this card makes me think twice about that. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful! I love how you used the balloon dies to make a stencil :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use the negative space die as a stencil!!
    I never thought of that! Soooo pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GENIUS!!! Love the fun way you created this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You clever girl!!! I love how you created a stencil with your dies...the balloons are lined up so perfectly, and your rainbow of colors is just beautiful, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS