11/23/13

HB2U...

I need a birthday card for this week and I had the perfect set in mind to use.  Then I saw our sketch for this week's Retro Sketches.....and knew it was meant to be!  

IMG_0550

For this card, I used Simon Says Tag Sayings set.  I love this set.  A lot.  The tags die that you can get to match the set....a must have.  They are such a fun little size and of course, the matching stamp set is so much fun!  There are lots of sayings included so the stamp set goes a long way. (Check out the links to these supplies below)

I stamped each tag using white ink and attached them with foam tape to a piece of white card stock about an inch shorter than the card base.  I took some 1/8" score tape and ran it along the bottom of that same piece, and added some fine white glitter.  I rounded the corners of the card base and then attached the card front with more foam tape.  To finish it off, I added little twine bows and a wooden heart.

Here is this week's sketch...


Visit the Retro Sketches blog today, to see what Arielle, Kasia and Katie have made up for today.  Then go make something up using this sketch and link it up!  

How is the weather where you are?  It is freezing here!  It is a good day to stay in.  We already have the fireplace going this morning and yes my Christmas tree is up, too.  So it's nice and cozy in here!  It's a good day for some crafting!  Hope your weekend is a great one!  



10 comments:

  1. Totally adorable!! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this. Going to make it work for a card I was thinking about making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Laurie! Love your clever take on the sketch!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely darling! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card, Laurie! Perfect for the sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my heck this is too fun.. great take on the sketch..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply lovely! Love those bright colors all popped against the white. I hope you don't mind if I pin this. Just love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you've used the tags, very cute!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS