10/28/14

Thinking of you...

I had fun making today's card.  It's been awhile with the busyness of life, so I have not been in my craft room very much over the last 2 weeks.  So the return of some crafty mojo felt pretty good.  

IMG_0613

I used several things to make this card.  Here is a list:

1.  Stripes- Diagonal Stripes Stencil from Simon Says
2.  Thinking of you: Sending Happy Thoughts
3.  Ampersand (masked): Christmas 3x4
4.  sending christmas wishes: Holiday Envelope sentiments
5. Tree: Stitched Shapes and Die
6. Lipstick Red Ink from Simon Says
7. Green Apple Ink from Simon
8. Gold Cardstock from SU

oh and black Versafine ink too!  :)  All of the link are lined up at the bottom of this post!

So first, I used the Lipstick Red Simon ink and the Diagonal Stripe Stencil to make the background.  I stamped the sentiments in black ink and then added in the tree and gold foil heart last.

IMG_0615

So do you make your own Christmas cards or do you get photo cards printed?  I like to *try* to send Christmas cards but I usually get photo cards printed.  GASP....I know!  :)

Ok, off to put the kids to bed!  Have a great day!


Supply List: 


9 comments:

  1. Yahoo for the mojo returning. I love the font on the sentiment and those fabulous stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Laurie! Yes, I send my own Christmas cards. I have done photo cards when the kids were younger but now I make my own. All 150 of them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! And I'm with you!...I try my best to make Christmas cards, but usually end up buying them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sweet Laurie, I like the little gold heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy your back in the craft room as I always love your creations. This card is brilliant and given me such wonderful ideas. I never ever thought of using diagonal stripe stencils to create a candy cane type look. I don't have many stencils but this one I do have, so I'm going to give this a try. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Laurie!!! Lovely sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so adorable!! I love it!!! Red and white stripes just sing "Christmas" to me. I usually have photo cards printed but I'm actually considering making my own this year - I think I'm going to CASE one Nichole made for the October release, actually (the Jolly Holiday rainbow trees). This means I may end up doing half homemade and half preprinted. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE those festive red and white stripes!!!! And YAY for mojo!!! If you see mine, send her to me ASAP!! haha!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS