2/20/17

MFT Card Kit Countdown Day 2...

Today is Day 2 of the MFT February Card Kit Countdown.  I have been seeing so many gorgeous cards from the design team and have been so inspired!  I have another card to share today using the Beautiful Butterflies kit....

Print

This was a fun card to make.  I wanted the butterflies to pop from the dark card stock and after trying several techniques, this is how I was able to achieve this look:

I stamped the black lined image on the gray cardstock and then heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  Next, using my Misti, I lined up the solid image with the detailed stamped image  and then stamped the solid image in white ink.  After all the butterflies were complete, I took a clean blender and in small circles, rubbed around to clean off the embossed area of all the white ink.  Doing this gave a soft look around the butterflies. 

Untitled

Next, I stacked up 5 "hello" die cuts in the pink card stock and then topped it off with a black glittered die cut.  I added the whole card front to a pink card base with some fun foam.

Untitled

Tips:

1. Use spray adhesive to stack up your intricate dies.  So much less mess than liquid adhesive.

2.  Use your Misti to line up the 2 step images.  

3. Use a clean blender to wipe off the white ink from the embossed areas.  On the dark card stock, this adds some softness to the area around the butterflies.  

Stop over to the MFT Blog to see more cards for Day 2 of the Card Kit Countdown.  The kit will be available at 8pm CST, Tuesday the 21st.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

16 comments:

  1. Wow this is amazing. I have to try this technique. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I love the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, WOW, LAURIE! This is stunning! I HAD to pin this! A STUNNER! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dramatic, stunning look of your card, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Laurie, this is spectacular! I love the softness you created around the butterflies...the contrast is just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your techniques with us...I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie this is just stunning!!! I love how the butterflies pop with the shading! Gorgeous card my dear!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous card Laurie, beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at gray! REally gorgeous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS