7/23/16

SAF 2016: Masterpiece Inspirations...

SAF2016-opening-panel
Welcome to Masterpiece Inspirations.  Today, the Design Team's challenge was to find a masterpiece that inspired us and create a card using the details.  First off, here is my inspiration piece by Vincent van Gogh...


Van Goghs, Vase with Twelve Sunflowers, is the masterpiece I chose for this years Stamp-a-Faire. I was so inspired by the variation of colors that can be brought to life by many different mediums. I chose to use water colors to create a vibrant sky and then added water to the sunflower stamped images. 

Sunflowers are prevalent here in Kansas and this was a major draw when choosing this masterpiece. I love seeing the sunflower fields bloom every summer and I instantly thought of PTIs Simple Sunflower set to use for this project. 

Here is my sunflower inspired card using PTI's Simple Sunflower set....

IMG_3436

First, I used my Peerless watercolors to create the background.  I die cut and stamped the sunflowers and then used a small paint brush and water to make the flowers look watercolored.  Papertrey's ink reacts really well to water and I am so happy with how the flowers turned out.  I did the same thing with the centers.  I first stamped them in Orange Zest, then added in another layer of kraft ink and then last did a light layer with Dark Chocolate ink.  I added in the leaves after brushing on a little water too.  Last, I added in the sentiment, Sending Sunshine to finish off the card.  

IMG_3437

I can't wait to see what the rest of the Design Team has for today.  Lots of masterpiece inspired creations!  Head over to Nichole's blog to see a full list of stops.

There will be lots of fun challenges tomorrow over at the Papertrey Ink Forum.  Stop over there tomorrow and say hi, as all of us on the Design Team will be there to chat, as well.

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Happy Stamp-A-Faire!

Laurie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supply List:  

5 comments:

  1. OH do I love this sun-shiny card, Laurie ... van Gogh would like it, too, me thinks! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I too, was inspired to use "sunflowers" in Mr. VG's honour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fave PTI flower stamps and you used it perfectly!! A happy summery card Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! Our first art project is my fourth grade classroom is to read about Van Gogh and to use his Sunflowers painting as an inspiration piece for a project using pastels on black paper. I am going to share this post with my kiddos. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS