9/13/14

Introducing Sparkle and Shine...

Ok, I am super excited about today's post!  These new dies from PTI....insert huge grin.  I LOVE them!  Today we are showcasing the new Sparkle and Shine Stamp set and dies! 

Theses dies are fabulous and I love how they can make such a fun and interesting card with just a few steps!  First off, here is my birthday card...

IMG_0307

I used the inside die to make all the confetti in several colors and then I used the star die to cut some glitter paper.  I added the frames in Soft Stone.  I cut the "sparkle" sentiment from Berry Sorbet and then added a layer of Glossy Accents, a layer of Glitter, another layer of Glossy Accents and then another layer of Glitter.  Can you say sparkle?  It even shows up pretty well in the photo!

IMG_0308

For my next project, I made a tag using the new Ornament dies.  

IMG_0321

  I added a sentiment to the back of the ornament and then put in some Christmas colored sequin for the shaker.  I added in some Pure Poppy striped paper for some detail.  The sentiment was die cut with Pure Poppy as well and then I layered it in lots of Glossy Accents to make the Shine, shine!  :)

IMG_0322

I used some Simply Chartreuse paper and cut out 10 of the top ornament frame.  Yes, I said 10.  Crazy I know!  BUT so easy!  I glued them all together with a piece of acetate in between the top 2.  I felt like this gave it a more finished look  and you don't see a bunch of foam tape chunks.  Another thing you can do, is die cut fun foam and stick it in there.  That gives you the dimension without all the die cuts.  

IMG_0326

So that is all I have for today!  These dies are all so amazing and I can't wait to see what the other girls have for us!  I will be hoping along with you!

Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman
Heather Nichols
Dawn McVey
Melissa Phillips
Erin Lincoln
Laura Bassen
Danielle Flanders
Ashley Cannon Newell


Thanks so much for stopping in!  Have a great day!

22 comments:

  1. LOVE these! Can't wait to get my hands on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gluing that stack of die cuts is such a great idea, Laurie! So professional and beautiful! Love the colors on your projects today...the ornament is so sweet on the chevron kraft bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Laurie, now I just want to do everything you did. Love all the dimension and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new dies! Your cards are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look you got using the stacked dies! And probably much easier too. Thanks for the tip. Both of your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!, Laurie! I thought I was cutting a lot at 6 - LOL! I also use Ellen Hutson's "craft a board" it great for adding depth too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing cards! You are a COMPLETE over-achiever, Laurie!!! 10 cuts??? It does look awesome and finished. Are you going to mass-produce that one? ;)
    Thanks for sharing on this cold, September morning!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them. Love your card and the ornament

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the white shaker card but with the "10" layers on the ornament you really do see how clean lined it looks. Thanks for the alternate way to set up the shaker mechanism. I never have liked how you could see the layering material on the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! The Christmas ornament card is so happy and cheerful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Love the idea about using more of the die cuts to hide the tape

    ReplyDelete
  12. All these new shaker items are so fun! Great projects, especially loving the fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the different ways you embellished the shine. These die cuts are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome creations, Laurie! I LOVE how that pink die-cut REALLY sparkles on the first card! And great tip on layering the die-cuts for the shaker instead of using foam tape. I like the finished look of that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards! Love the tip on stacking die cuts to create a clean finished look...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my word, Laurie - you have the greatest ideas! I love each of these and I'm so stinking excited about die cutting numerous times to get that stacked look without the foam tape. It's a 'slap my forehead' moment - why didn't I think of that! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SWOON!! These are awesome, LOVE your "layered" ornament!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely LOVE your shaker cards!! They are so cute! I am getting that ornament one and I am going to cut 10 out too, because I think that's an awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous, love! And I adore your idea to layer die cuts to form your shaker window. Soooo not a fan of that chunky foam tape look ;). Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these and cannot wait to get my order in the mail!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS