4/14/14

Introducing Desktop Design...

Welcome back for day 2 of group posts over at Papertrey Ink.  The set we are showcasing today is called Desktop Designs.  AND it is so fun!  Our challenge for this set was to come up with a CAS card and then a more detailed card.

First off, here is my CAS card....

IMG_1572

I adore this little typewriter.  It comes with 2 stamps.  One for the body and one for the keys and knobs.  There is a typewriter die with a little slot and also, a little die for the paper coming out of the top.  CUTE, right?  I wanted to keep this super CAS and spotlight that typewriter all by itself.  

IMG_1573

On the inside, I stamped the sentiment "miss you"....

IMG_1570

For the second card, I added some more detail.  I made a "paneling" wall in the background but impressing some kraft card stock, and then adhering 1/2" strips to a dark chocolate panel.  I masked of part of the desk, to make this little filing cabinet.  I die cut the first image and then put the die back in to make a nice edge on the opposite side.  I added in a pencil holder and a telephone.  

IMG_1565_edited-1

I used some Scrappers Floss to made a little 3D phone cord and the popped the phone and the filing cabinet up on foam tape.  I had cut my own little banner using that same sentiment and popping it up in the middle for some dimension.  

IMG_1567

This set has so many possibilities.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the design team did!  Here are some links to check out...



Thanks so much for stoping in!  Come back tomorrow to see my sample for the whole April Release! Have a great day!

24 comments:

  1. Love both of these adorable cards! That paneling is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects Laurie! This set is super-cute...I did not expect this! Thank you for your great projects! LOVE your wood paneling! You are always thinking way "outta the box" ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love your custom made paneling and little filing cabinet!! So creative, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I especially love the second one with the woodgrain panels, what a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever, clever Laurie!!!
    You made some amazing customization's! LOVE the wood paneling! A trip back in time!!!
    Is it snowing down there? It is here!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great cards! They're clearly the kind of card that leads the recipient to call the sender. It would be impossible to receive one of these cards and remain silent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, I can't believe how cool your 'miss you' card is! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome creations, Laurie!!! Love the color combo and CAS design on the first one! And hello clever details on the second card---the adorable phone cord, the filing cabinet, the paneling---you are amazing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG--the paneling you have on the Miss You card....I think I grew up with that same paneling in my house! Love these cards!! Loving the Desktop Design set! That's a keeper! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  10. The details are amazing, Laurie! What a treat to see your designs with PTI release!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a little something on your card using the file cabinet, but it is such an impact. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both fabulous! Fun new images! HUGS and have a happy week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cards! The file cabinet is genius! And the wire on the phone adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you created with this cute set--your attention to detail is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, I'm definitely in love with that typewriter! Love your CAS designs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both of your cards! The wood paneling brings back memories of my grandpa's office! Great set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these laurie! That phone cord is genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow you used part of the desk to make a file cabinet. What a fabulous Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute. Love the file cabinet and the phone cord, genius! Are you as cold as we are here in SEKS? Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both of these cards great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A -mazing Laurie!! Love the retro images!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable set! Love that little typewriter and your woodgrain panels are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS