4/17/14

hello...

Today I have a card using something unexpected from this month's April release.  I love when you can use what you have in your stash for more than one purpose.  First off, here is my card...

IMG_1641_edited-1

I stenciled the background and then added in a vellum tag using Tag Sale #3,  stamped with a sentiment from Wet Paint.  I added in a little wooden button to finish it off.

Here is how I made it...

I was making a card using these new Stenciled Alpabet Block Dies


When I saw the perfect cut out, I instantly thought STENCIL.  :)

So I centered it on a piece of white card stock and distress inked away.  


See that green Frog Tape?  I was watching one of Jennifer McGuires videos and saw her using it.  I thought to myself...I must pick some of that up.  Later that evening, I was grabbing a paint brush out of our paint supply box in the garage (we are putting in a bathroom in the basement and I am currently painting) and what do I see there?  A full huge roll of green frog tape.  I had it already and didn't know it!  

So anyway, don't cut that die apart when you get it!  It makes a fun stencil.  If you cut it out using Papertrey's thick 110lb paper, the stencil stays nice and durable, too.

IMG_1642

Thanks for stopping in today!  Hope you have a great Wednesday!


Supply List:  


12 comments:

  1. Great use of that leftover! Beautiful card!,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! The colors are so soft and pretty! Gorgeous card, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very good use of the bits we all throw away! This is a lovely example of using everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Laurie! I LOVE it when you can get double use from something!!!
    Thanks for sharing & Happy Easter to you and your family
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use that negative cut! I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is fantastic! You are so brilliant, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this is awesome and you are brilliant! Now I'll be looking to make stencils out of all my leftover die cuts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie I just don't think there are any ends to you creative capabilities!! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a happy extra piece to get out of cute alpha cuts!! You should definitely add this to Virginia's View Challenge using stencils. http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I happen to be the kind of girl who tries to throw away scraps but cannot... love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How BEAUTIFUL, Laurie! The diecut turned DIY stencil is perfect! I love love the inking and that touch of vellum is gorgeous! Thanks for linking to Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS