4/19/14

Happy Birthday...

How is it Saturday already?  This week (like every other week, really...) has flown by.  We only have around 10 days left of school.  CRAZY.  And then summer begins.

So today I have a new card for this week's Retro Sketch....

IMG_1658_edited-1

First, I stamped some PTI Super Stripes in Enchanted Evening on a piece of white card stock.  I stamped each image leaving a little space in between.  Next, I layered the white focal point with some vellum.  I added in a sentiment from Initial Thoughts.  To finish it off, I added a little piece of Pure Poppy Saddle Stitch Ribbon with a little banner cut.

Here is this week's sketch....


You can see the original card, by Arielle, HERE.  It's SO cute! 

Please head over to the Retro Sketches blog.  I know Arielle, Kasia and Erin have some pretty cute stuff using today's sketch!  




Supply List:



9 comments:

  1. I love how this is solid, bold colors yet feels very whimsical. Great design Laurie. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome design, Laurie! Love it. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Laurie - wishing you and yours a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie, love the colour choices and the layering with vellum! Vellum has always stumped me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Laurie, your kids get out really early, mine aren't done until June. I love your card, so clean and crisp, and I love that sketch! Hoping I can play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS but very elegant I like the layers you chose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and clean look! The added vellum is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This feels nautical to me, CUTE Laurie! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS