9/23/10

Be Still..

I am back today with another fantastic Verve Plain Jane! I love these little $3 stamps! They make the best focal point and really I find myself building the whole card around the sentiment!

IMG_7331


Another crazy thing about this card is I only used ONE stamp and that was the sentiment! The patterned paper is minds eye and I think works as another great addition to the focal point! Just to add a little "sturdiness" I took a piece of cardstock and taped it to the back of the paper so it wouldn't feel so flimsy when I put it up on foam tape!

IMG_7333


I want to use Dark Chocolate Swiss Dot Satin ribbon on EVERY card I make. I really do. So in trying to break the habit, I simply used a smaller piece this time. This is my way of weaning myself off it! hehe!

Thanks for looking today! Hope you like it!

Oh and one quick little note!  SUPER excited to see THIS today!  Thank you to Ashley and Embellish Magazine!  And  to Lisa at Inchie Arts!   What a great surprise today in my google reader!  I am just beyond excited!  :)




Supplies

Stamps: Verve Plain Jane Psalms 46:10
Paper: PTI Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Harvest Gold, Stampers Select White, My Minds Eye Patterned Paper
Ink: Java Jumbo Versamagic
Misc: Dark Chocolate Dotted Swiss Ribbon, Basic Grey Pearls, Nestie, Foam Tape, Woodgrain IP Plate

23 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I for one am NOT surprised at your UBER exciting news :) Beautiful card Laurie ........ I love those Verve sentiments also. I should just bite the bullet and get some!!! And now back to American Chopper~~ Have a GREAT NIGHT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! And congrats on the Embellish card. I recognized that beautiful creation of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on the embellish challenge...i love that card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card this is Laurie! I saw that you won the Embellish challenge, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty! I thought that the background paper was stamped. Great color combo too! (Oh, and by the way, today is THURSDAY...LOL!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card! Love these colors and that little cluster of pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Laurie, love this!! and WTG on your win, awesome card!! :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful card and a big congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Laurie. I love the verse and how you showcased it. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the plain janes, too! I don;t have very many of them now, but hopefully that'll change soon. Your card that won the embelllish chalenge is one that I look at time and time again and was the MAIN reason I bought the scor buddy AND Kind Words. It was just a truly fabulous card. I even copied it onto my computer for inspiration!

    Your card today is also very pretty. I love how you mix colors..I would never think to add the polka dot ribbon here, but it looks fantastic! Great job..and congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous! And I love the dark chocolate ribbon...great addiction to have:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely colours and a great layout, Laurie!
    Also , HUGE congrats on winning the Embellish challenge! Love it when someone I know gets the recognition they deserve :D
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply amazing! I saw you had a couple cards on different challenges that won...congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey GF...*CONGRATS* on winning the Embellish Challenge...you already know how much I loved that card :)!!! It was definitely a winner!!!

    Today's card is another CAS masterpiece!!! Love how you used the VV Psalm. The embossed BG rocks too!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is stunning! I love it!!

    Sarah G.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Laurie, the verse is certainly the focal point and the colors help it to pop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Laurie- this card is so lovely!
    Huge congrats on the Embellish recognition! So utterly deserved!!! That card is a beauty for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you make me laugh Laurie, there is nothing wrong with a little addiction-lol!! another elegant creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. so totally love this with that focal point on the verse

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS