7/13/16

Summertime Inspirations...

Today's Papertrey Ink peaks are all about Summer Inspiration.  I had so much creating with these new products and I am excited to share.  The color combos of summer make great cards!

This first card uses the new set called Some Like it Hot.

IMG_3344

I used the Outline Stamp set to create this watercolor background.  I heat embossed the image and then came in with Peerless watercolors.  I stamped out and die cut the pineapple and added it to the card.  The sentiment is from the Some Like it Hot set as well.  I love these sentiments because they die cut out so easy.  I added in some rain drops to finish off the card.  

IMG_3345

I kept my next card super CAS.  Maile has a new set called Tropics and its gorgeous!  

IMG_3347

First, I stamped these 2 leaf images on the card front.  I added lots of Copic detail to each leaf and then added some gray shading so they would stand off the card front.  I stamped and colored the flower from the Some like it Hot set, along with a sentiment from that same set.  Super easy!

IMG_3348

So that is it for Day 2.  We have another fun day tomorrow, so I hope you stop back by.  There will be lots more to see today over on Nichole's blog so head over there to check it out!


Supply List: 



24 comments:

  1. Your copic coloring on the 2nd card is an absolute Standout! I had to go look at the image enlarged to see how you did that. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! The "thanks" card is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards and colour! Love this new Some Like it Hot set...the hibiscus flower has great dimension with your colouring ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as I opened this post, I was awestruck by how beautiful your first card is, Laurie! The embossed Outline images are watercoloured amazingly, and that blue BG really makes that pineapple take center stage! 2 wonderfully created CAS cards that are stand outs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore your thanks card!! So beautiful and yet has simplicity! Love these new tropical sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are Great!
    Love the background with the blue!
    What ink did you use to stamp the leaves?
    So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picking my jaw up off the floor! Love your amazing cards today,the background on the first card is beautiful! Can't wait for these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You knocked it out of the park, Laurie, especially with your thanks number. Blown away by a tropical breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! That first background is so intriguing, just gotta love it, and then there's those beautiful tropical images - great coloring

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY PRETTY WORK!!!! I LOVE the CAS look! (I strive for it sometimes, but it never seems to look right! LOL) You've done WONDERFULLY, LAURIE!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are just amazing Laurie! I live in Colorado Springs (considered a high dessert climate) and have absolutely no need to purchase either set, but your glorious cards are making me think otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really worked your CAS magic with these, Laurie!! Love the background for the pineapple, and the hibiscus card, perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laurie - Simply love your projects today. So simple, but awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Laurie, love the hibiscus colors, and the 'brick like bg on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marvelous pair of cards Laurie!! The background for your pineapple is so fun. Your second card is beautiful, love the two tone leaves and fancy bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simplicity yet gorgeous! I love all those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laurie, your white embossed background on the first one is perfect for that pineapple. Your second card is so very striking with the two-toned greenery and 3-step hibiscus. The shadowing really does add depth. Love both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. IN awe - perfectly wonderful x2 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. GORGEOUS CARDS BOTH! Love the incredible background on the first and love your fantastic coloring and shading on the second! Both are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS