10/14/14

Homemade Holiday Gifts and Tags...

Welcome to another day of sneaks for the Papertrey Ink October Release.  Today we are showcasing several different ways to use holiday gifts and tags.  I have lots of pictures, so I hope you hang in there with me!  :)

This first project is a little Carmel Apple gift package inspired by THIS jar gift on Pinterest. 

IMG_0551

First, I made up some Salted Carmel sauce and added it to this 8 oz jar.  I stamped this adorable frame in red onto the die cut sticker.  Then I added in the date stamp in the center in black ink.

IMG_0552

The tag is actually made up of 4 tags.  I wanted to give it a layered look with several things to look at.  The top tag is a kraft banner die cut, where I stamped the mistletoe and berries on the end, is also the main sentiment.  The "may your merry be very!" is from the same Merry Kiss-Mas set as the Mistletoe.  The Merry Christmas is from the new Snow Globe Additions.  

IMG_0556

I die cut and stamped the mistletoe next and made a tag out of it as well.  The gingham banner in the Canned set is another tag in the stack.  And then last is the hexagon tag, also from the Canned set.  I stamped the frame in black and then added in the "home made" in the center.  

IMG_0558

Another fun addition in the Canned set is the From the Kitchen of: stamp.  So cut for the back of the tag.  

IMG_0557

The next project is a little cross stitched jar bonnet on top of a little fall treat.  

IMG_0559

I used some iron-on interfacing on the back of some green checkered fabric and I was able to cut out the bonnet perfectly with the die.  I stamped the Cross Stitched images on the top of the fabric to form the L.  I put the fabric in an embroidery hoop and stitched it up with some orange floss.  

IMG_0562

Then I added in a tag and some fall decorations to the jar.  The tag is made using the Cross Stitched stamp set as well, with a fun little sentiment to finish it off.  

IMG_0568

Lastly, I have a little treat box using the new Vintage Favor It Treat box die and the new coordinating stamp set called Just a little something.

IMG_0582

I made this into a Valentines day theme.  I added in a watercolored frame and then added in a little banner and a sweet sentiment.

IMG_0584

The fun little zipper die makes for a fun way to get the treat out of the box....

IMG_0586

So this is it for today!  I hope you have enjoyed my projects and I can't wait to hear what you think.

Check out the rest of the DT for more Holiday gifts!

Danielle Flanders
Betsy Feldman 
Dawn McVey 
Erin Lincoln 
Laura Bassen 
Melissa Phillilps 
Nichole Heady 
Ashley Cannon Newell

Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. You got me, my very favorite treat...candy corn mix! Ack! Plus, I know I'll be making that salted caramel dip. Gotta love Pinterest! And your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at Salted Caramel and then my eyes glazed over! Love your projects!! Are you sharing that sauce recipe? And OH where shall I send my address for shipment? =] M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are all fantastic, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all swoon-worthy projects! And making a Valentine's treat from the favor-it box -- this project has sold me on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great gift ideas! I especially love the caramel apple set. So yummy! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love each and every one of these Laurie! You are always so creative and your projects always make me smile :).
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all:) I love the look of the watercolor on the box.and I love the mistletoe tag. too cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mistletoe dies? You didn't! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun filled jars and boxes. Love the tags you created.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your projects are wonderful! The little box is just so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet projects, Laurie!
    I LOVE the fall tag with the rusty jingle bells ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your beautiful packaging Laurie! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS