9/14/14

Introducing Book Club...

Today, I have four very different projects to share, all using the new bookmark dies from Papertrey Ink, called Book Club.

This first project is a fun little teacher gift using the new Stitched Bookmark Dies and the Stitched Apple die from last release.

IMG_0363

I used Harvest Gold felt and stitched up a bookmark.  On the top, I pinned on a little felt heart.  I added a bad around the middle with the "handmade for you" stamp from Teachers Apple, stamped on a scalloped square from Limitless Layer Dies.  I covered the top of the notepad and the inside of the pen with Pure Poppy Bitty Boxes paper.  I finished it off with a Simply Chartreuse Bow.  

IMG_0361

This next project is a fun little Christmas tag using 2 of the new Bookmark dies.  

IMG_0387

I used Bookmark #2 and #3 and layered them up.  I cut the both shorter by layering them up to shorter the bookmark into a tag. I stamped a sentiment from the new Seasons Greetings and heat embossed it with white Filigree Embossing Powder.  I added in some stickles on the bottom for a little sparkle.  The top is made with a Simply Chartreuse Satin Dot Ribbon and some red twine.  I added in 2 silver bells for a little more detail.

IMG_0388

These new bookmark dies are really fun!  There are 3 different styles and have so many possibilities for things other than just bookmarks.  Here is a CAS bookmarks, featuring one of the quotes from the new stamp set called Book Club...

IMG_0380

I stamped the flowers after cutting out the bookmark and then added in the sentiment in black ink.  I found some purple floss to give it that traditional bookmark look. 

IMG_0378

Basic Bookmark #2 has a fun CAS look.  I love the lines on the bottom that give it that arrow look.  I used the bookmark here for a little card decorating...

IMG_0343

I cut one each, out of Kraft, Enchanted Evening and White.  I stamped the sentiment in Enchanted Evening and then added some gold card stock strips in the background.  (The inside of this card says Happy Birthday...just realized I didn't photograph that part!)

IMG_0344

I hope you have enjoyed my Bookmark projects today.  I know there is lots more to see today!

Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman
Heather Nichols
Dawn McVey
Melissa Phillips
Erin Lincoln
Laura Bassen
Danielle Flanders
Ashley Cannon Newell

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Come back tomorrow to see the whole release!


23 comments:

  1. Enjoyed them? Oh what an understatement that would be... absolutely gorgeous, Laurie!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your felt apple and love that sentiment about living long but not getting old!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects, all! I love the final card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! So pretty, especially the Jane Austen one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your projects. Thank you for all the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects, thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie an amazing post, I thoroughly enjoyed all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post, Laurie. I LOVE each project, especially the last card! FABULOUS idea!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with the bookmark to make the Christmas Tag. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of great ideas here. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas and beautiful projects - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous post Laurie - brilliant selection of wonderful ideas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your first project will make a wonderful holiday gift. The clean and simple bookmarks are stellar and I love how you used the Bookmark 2 arrow pieces for the great card. A great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laurie, awesome projects, but I really LOVE how you used the bookmarks as design elements on your last card. So creative of you to show how versatile the die can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fabulous Laurie! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved all your projects this morning! I can hardly wait to see the full reveal tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your first bookmark is adorable!! What a great teacher gift! Love that you added the apple! The way you made the masculine card is genius!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are wonderful! I love the felt bookmark, and love the unexpectedness of the last card with the pennant pieces coming up from the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMGosh your projects are just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great little gift to give out, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the projects. Also, love the card you made with the dies...

    ReplyDelete
  22. All absolutely beautiful, Laurie!!! Love them!!

    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. In love with this bookmark. I'm going to have to look I to these stitching dies you speak of. Love! Miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS