4/28/13

OH snap!

Just stoppin' in with a quick card I made awhile back.  I used a little set from Studio Calico for this card.

IMG_9607

The background is some houndstooth adhesive backed fabric that I have no idea where it came from.  I added in a little SC wood arrow and then what I like to call "controlled misting".  I took a puddle of crystal lacquer and a dot of black ink refill and stirred them together.  Then I took a stylus and carefully placed the dots right where I wanted them.  You see...I am misting challenged.  It's too unpredictable for me.  This way I had complete control. :)

So that's it for today!  Hope you had a fabulous weekend!  See you soon for a little sequin goodness!  :)

11 comments:

  1. Such a fun card...love the houndstooth panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun :) My kids say this all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Laurie - glad to hear I'm not the only misting-challenged crafter LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie, I love that controlled splatter! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it looks like mini enamel dots!!! Great idea without the dimension!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the controlled misting, I don't think I could hadle a messy one! Cute card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft & cute! Love that houndstooth paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the controlled misting and I am looking forward to the sequiny goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love this one Laurie. Really great masculine feel to it! You had me giggling at your 'controlled misting' though - your results really work but just once, you should give misting/splattering a try - you never know you might like it, haha!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS