4/06/13

Learning to sail...

Have I said lately how much I love Verve?  Their sentiments are what get me every time!  I've said it before, but I always look for new and fun fonts and they definitely have lots of those.  I made this card today for Retro Sketches.  This sentiment comes from Surely Goodness.  I took the sketch and tipped it over and I think it turned out kinda fun!  I have missed RS!  I haven't played for the last 2 weeks since I was on vacation!  Here is my card...

IMG_9511_edited-1

I am all about stamping with white ink right now!  I got the most AMAZING white ink from WPlus9.  It looks great on black card stock!  I added in a couple of banners and then a button and bow to stay true to the sketch.  Here is this week's sketch...


Or in my case... :)


Stop by the Retro Sketches blog to see what Arielle, Kasia and April's new headliner, Deanna Dean have made up for us!  

Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping in!

22 comments:

  1. I am loving your use of color - the blackboard with the bold and simple print banners is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my FAV quotes...gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super card Laurie! I always like to see white ink on black. The additions of the red and those sweet gray polka dots are perfect accents ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME quote! And that white ink looks FABULOUS stamped on the black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love Verve's sentiments, this one is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it!! The banner strips are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it!! :) The colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another FABULOUS card Laurie - LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Laurie! Love the banners and that sentiment looks amazing stamped in white on black!! I have to get using my WPlus9 ink!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! This card is GORGEOUS!! That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous as always , Laurie! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Love the color pop and the quote is fabulous...got to have that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super awesome card. Your design work is out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is fabulous to see CAS cards with Verve products! Lovely [CASEable] card :)

    ps So glad to see you got in more dies -- I can't wait to get mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card - love the colors & great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect use of the chalkboard technique and the WPlus9 white ink is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is FABULOUS! Love everything about it. Clean and simple and really has a WOW factor.

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWESOME card...love the layered banners!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS