1/22/17

MFT January Card Kit...

Every month, My Favorite Things, comes out with a new card kit.  They are full of paper, a stamp set with matching dies and just a whole lot of mojo.  These kits will help you create several cards with fun images and colors.  This months card kit is adorable!  It's called No Place Like Home and I love it!

Here is my card for today's sneak peek....

January MFT Card Kit

I used the Cement Gray card stock for the card base.  With the keyhole cut out die cut out of the card front, I stamped the sentiment and then attached it to the card front with fun foam. Next, I cut out 4 of the key dies and stacked them up.  For a tiny bit of bling, I added some liquid glue on the top of the key and dipped it in glitter.  Super simple and such a great card for Valentines!  

January MFT Card Kit

Everything you see here comes in the card kit except for the glitter.

Tips:

1. Fun Foam behind your card stock works for great dimension on your cards.
2. To keep your dies in the right place, use some painters tape, washi or even a post it note (or post it tape) to hold the die in place to run it though your die cutting machine.
3.  Use a Misti for straight sentiment stamping every time!

I can't wait to see your Card Kit creations using the new No Place Like Home kit!  Head on over to the MFT Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has for you to see using the new kit.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

22 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love this card, Laurie! Great idea to use Cement Gray card stock for your base and I love how you added sparkle to the top of the key! Thanks so much for adding a few 'Tips' for us...it's always helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A darling card made from a really darling card kit! I'm so happy with this kit and I can't wait until the 24th!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Sincerely,
    Merilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. The simplicity of this card is what makes it so fabulous. CAS elegance! The touch of glitter at the top of the key is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card...perfect for a men's Valentine card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, wonderful sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card!Thanks for the great tips - layers are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card. Love all the different sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully CAS! I love the key in that window!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clean and beautiful! That little dip of glitter is unexpected and such a fun touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the clean simplicity of this one & the key cutout is awesome. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful Laurie. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laurie, TFS your awesome tips. I love your sweet card with the key in the opening. The red really pops with the white and cement gray.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this design, simple but with a great look! ♥️ The keyhole die!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great design! Love the key "behind" the keyhole!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS