6/26/11

Inspiration like crazy...

OK so yesterday was the PTI blog hop and if you haven't stopped over you must! There are so many beautiful cards! I found TONS of inspiration from fellow crafters!

Two things in particular stood out to me (believe me there were LOTS more than these 2 amazing things I bookmarked too!)....Lynn's card HERE...and Nichole's cards HERE! I love how Lynn used this image and I had to give in to my NO distressing issues and try Nichole's use of white on kraft...she is amazing at this!  These things combined with this Pinterest picture....


all combined into this card...

IMG_1307_edited-1

I woke up this morning...built it in my head as I was laying there staring at the ceiling...please tell me I am not the only one who wakes up thinking about cards...is that weird?  Then I got up and whipped this out!  I love the Botanical set!  It is a set for all occasions that is for sure! 


IMG_1305_edited-1

I am back to my craft room today!  And yes....it's done!  I need to clean up and take some pics to share with you!  I am waiting for September for a trip to Ikea so I don't have my exact furniture yet but at this point....I am in no hurry!  I have LIGHT!  I have SPACE!  And I have a door to shut!  LOVE that!  ;)

Thanks for coming by today and thank you for all the birthday wishes for Rylee yesterday!  That made her day....well that and the trip to the water park!  :)

OH...one more thing!  For some reason, (and I have learned I am not the only one thank goodness!)  blogger will not let me leave comments on blogs who do not have pop up commenting!  I have cleared my cookies and tried all sorts of things with my computer and its really a no go for me! SO if you have any suggestions and have had the same problems too....let me know if you have found a solution!  I hated to pass up so many blogs yesterday but as soon as I leave the comment, it says my comment is "anonymous" and then it deletes it!  So weird!  Thanks!!

25 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...Laurie this is amazing. Great take on the inspiration photo. And no, you're not the only one that wakes up thinking about cards..haha. The worst is when it's in the middle of the night, and then you can't go back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully done! I think about card designs all the time. I agree with Deanna, the worst is at night when you're trying to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white/kraft combination. And you are not the only one who wakes up and designs cards in your head. I do that all the time. Its when I get my best thinking done. Unfortunatly it is frequently 2am and then I have trouble turning it back off!! I have the same problem with comments. Someone told me to download Google Chrome (free) to solve that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning card. I just love it, and am going to try to make one myself.

    I often have dreams about stamp sets. If I dream about a stamp set more than once, I buy it. I usually get my bet card ideas when I am in spinning class, trying not to think about how hard I am working. I just got back from class, and have something in my mind to do with Mehndi Medallions. I'm about to see if it will actually work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! I am loving the Botantical Silhouettes too! Nicole x PS - I use Google Chrome and that seems ok

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HEART KRAFT AND Fresh Snow!! Love the window cutout and stamping too ....... another beauty. Did you fight the urge for ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love the window and your distressing is fabulous!Yes, I have to say there was a ton of inspiration on the PTI blog, I've bookmarked several blogs:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Laurie...I'm so honored that you were inspired by my card! Thank you! Your card is gorgeous...love how you used the die cut to create a window of sorts...gorgeous! And...no you are not the only one who wakes up thinking about cards. I do that all the time! I often have to write down my ideas...otherwise I forget them. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just brilliant! LOVE everything about it! Congrats on the return to your craft room, I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spot on GORGEOUS, Laurie!!! I have to get that set inky...I still haven't used it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS! Nuff said. It's as simple as that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Laurie. ;-)

    I go to sleep and wake up dreaming about cards I want to make, too. ;-) So rest easy, you're not insane. Either that, or we're both insane - Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laurie,
    you are not alone in waking up thinking of cards! That is my best time to decide how my layout is going to look!! I love your gorgeous colour combination and then adding that to the Kraft is just a beautiful result!!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laurie.......This is just beautiful! Love the white on kraft distressing and love your inspiration photo that inspired your purple flowers. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet card, Laurie! I wish I could wake up thinking about cards and then get results like this one! Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We card makers must all do that - ha!
    Love this card - I actually gasped when I saw it - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! I love those flowers in that color and the softness of the frame with the ink around it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nope, not weird to be laying in bed designing cards. So glad to read someone else does it too! LOVE the alliums in the photo that gave you inspiration to make that Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is simply GORGEOUS! I just took a picture recently in Portland at the Lan Su Chinese Garden, and this card reminds me of that picture.

    As for blogger, I have the same problem trying to leave comments. However, instead of deleting my comments it keeps sending back to my sign-in page. After a while I give up. Going to have to check my blog to make sure the pop up window is set up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. I fall asleep thinking about cards/layouts, I've actually dreamed of some, and I've figured out design issues during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You knew I'd like this, didn't you? The colors are FAB and so are those flowers!!! Can you believe that I have not inked up my anniv. set yet except for one sentiment? What in the world am I waiting for? TIME. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! Lovely!!! The colors are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful! I love the softness of it, the simple elegance...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Laurie! You are not alone! My worst is falling asleep & thinking of a card because it means I have to get up and sketch it or write it down!
    This card is stunning! The colours are beautiful together.

    I don't know if you have figured out the blogger problem yet, but I had the same problem. Apparently they are working on it but for now when you are prompted to sign in, make sure the "keep me signed in" box is NOT checked. For some reason that works (as per Blogger) and actually DOES keep you signed in. Weird huh?
    Take care,
    Kasia

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS