1/14/11

Paper Dolls Challenge #29

I am here with a quick card for the Paper Dolls Challenge! Cecilia challenged us with "simplicity"! I love that! I love CAS!

So here is my card...no bling...no bows...just ink, cardstock and felt!  That is pretty simple!  :)

IMG_9752_edited-2


I have been completely inspired my Maile's doilies! And even tough I don't have that set, I knew there had to be something that I have on hand that could do something fun like hers!  I know this isn't the actual "doily" look but it makes a kind of cool looking flourish!

I got these little felt hearts in the Valentines section at Hobby Lobby...I don't have the Heart Dies yet from PTI, but believe me I am going to attempt to grab them tonight!

IMG_9753_edited-1

This is the first card, I have made in several days and I have to admit too that my reader is busting at the seams!  I do need to do a little blog surfing and see what my blog friends have created! 

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!  Thanks for  coming by!


Supplies all PTI unless noted...

Stamps: Vintage Labels, Damask
Paper: Draft
Ink: Fresh Snow, True Black
Misc: Felt Heart

30 comments:

  1. Oh so simple yet SO lovely. I love what you did with the stamp to make the doily. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness! Laurie, this is beautiful! I love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous...I am going to give those doilies a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fabulous! The perfect font, and I just adore that doily you made (so clever)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!!! Your "doily" flourishes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just GORGEOUS!!! I love that you used the flourish for the medallion - so beautiful and romantic-feeling! It's really funny - wait til you see one of my posts tomorrow :) All I can say is great minds think alike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAS.... but seriously gorgeous. Love the felt flower, colors, and your doily image is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and Beautiful! Love Maile's stamping doilies too. Your rendition is very pretty! Good luck on getting those heart dies. I want them too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, Laurie. I love it. So simple, but striking. Anyone would love to have this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow so sweet and simple - and the bold heart makes an impression!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Laurie! Your doily looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL!!! I love CAS especially when my friend LB does it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT!!!! Aren't these just a blast to make? You did a phenomenal job and it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful. I love the simplicity of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply beautiful. I love your "doily."

    ReplyDelete
  16. So simply beautiful, love it!! :) :) :) have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. New look to the doily but it's sure elegant! I forget about those sentiments in the Damask set....I'll have to revisit them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I. Love. This. Seriously lovely Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How pretty, Laurie!!! Love the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty! I love how you do CAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Laurie, your cards never cease to make my jaw drop. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS