11/29/10

2 Sketches 4 You-Kazan's Sketch

Happy Monday!  (That's not always the case right?  It's Monday for crying out loud!) So happy Monday anyway!  And what makes it even better is a new sketch from Kazan....AND the last sketch until the New Year as Kazan and Laura have decided to take the holidays off! 


I was so inspired by the PTI blog hop this weekend that making a tag was super easy!  Here is my take on this weeks sketch...

IMG_8662

Now, like my blog hop tag, this tag is another big one! Again measuring 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, this is the size of a regular A2 size card. I decided maybe I am "mini-tag" challenged.

So for this tag I used various background stamps and embossing folders. I attached each strip on to a smaller tag (tags were cut using SCAL and my Cricut!) and then matted the whole thing with the larger Kraft tag!

OH...Can you see the little piece of bakers twine? I thought that made a cute little loop on top of the stocking!

IMG_8663

I used SU's embossing folder for the stocking! I was just telling Ingrid that I had never used PTI's Stocking Prints yet and was so excited to ink it up because of her inspiration! Well, I still haven't used a stocking from that set! But I did use the die!

You can see I used the die 2 times! One for the full stocking in red and then I cut the top and toe off of the stocking cut in Ripe Avocado! I stamped those smaller pieces with Polka Dots Basics II.

IMG_8665

As far as the ribbon on the top, I used Maile's little knot trick and then added a little more!  Instead of cutting off the twine I used to tie up the ribbon, I brought it around and through the button and tied a bow!  I liked Jen's button she used HERE so I had to add one too!

IMG_8670

Well, that is it for me today!  Hope your week is fantastic!  I have lots of Christmas shopping to get done!  And cleaning...I am still working on it...but I hate that part!

We will see you back for the next sketch after the holidays! 



Supplies all PTI unless noted....

Stamps: Background Basics: Polka Dot II, Little Argyle, Tiny Treats: Christmas, Damask Designs, Sentiment from Stocking Prints
Ink: Versarmark, True Black
Paper: Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Rustic Cream
Misc: Stocking Prints Die, SU Embossing Folders: Square Lattice, Petals a Plenty, Sizzix Polka dots, Pure Poppy Baker's Twine, Pure Poppy Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon, Tag from SCAL/Cricut, Ripe Avocado Button, Sewing Machine Stitch, Circle Nestie, Pebbles Earth Tone Chalks

38 comments:

  1. So adorable. I love the texture on the stocking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! Who needs the stocking prints stamp set when you can make it so darn cute with impressions!! Love the twine.... perfect and the sewing ...... well you know I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, this is truly ADORABLE! I love your little stocking and your stitching. SO cute!
    Love your new blog header too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is amazing! Love the colors, textures, prints. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is completely cute! So many fun details to love here, like the textured stocking and the little twine loop. Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie, this is just darling. I love all your textures! Super cute. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag! I love the embossing on the stocking and the patterns stitched in the background. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soo cute - love the ribbon treatment - am definitely going to give that a go.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, Laurie! I love the embossed stocking and the sewing looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is one super sweet tag, Laurie! I adore the li'l bakers twine loop - cute!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way cute! Love the new blog header as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! What yummy texture and mix of patterns! You've inspired me to revisit my sadly neglected embossing folders.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just too awesome Laurie! I love the bigger size and all the detailed stamping you put on it makes it one of my favs of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tag Laurie! I love all the different texture and it's a perfect way to use up some scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I L.O.V.E. this card - embossing strips are awesome. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. really cyte..a lot of work went into this tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laurie, this is so, so pretty! I love the embossed stocking. How perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute card! I love your take on the sketch
    and all the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute tag Laurie! Love the bold and bright color combo! So fun & festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. All those layers and textures! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful!!! And I love the new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous stockings. Love the traditional colors. Great work, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Laurie, Laurie, Laurie...there you go again..making me drool over your creations...love this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love everything about this tag! The stitching, texture, colors! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great tag Laurie! Love the patched look and the different textures :) Also love the bakers twine stocking loop :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE this Laurie! Fabulous texture and patterns here!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely LOVE all of the elements you put on this card. And I love that it's a A2 sized tag!! Your creativity is just amazing. I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable! I love the texture on the little stocking, it almost looks like fabric! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. How cute! I love all the different patterns and impressions you used!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ok, now I officially need to get my hinny in gear and learn to sew with my $2 sewing machine! Just need my MIL to teach me how to string the darn thing! Great layered tag!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Laurie, this is so festive and fun! Your attention to detail is incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. А! وأخيرا ، حصلت على ما كنت أبحث عنه! أنا بالتأكيد تتمتع كل قليلا من ذلك. سعيد أنا تعثرت في هذه المادة! ابتسامة لقد قمت بحفظها للتحقق من الاشياء الجديدة التي ترسلها.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love it so much ! it's so cute !!! Will certainly be a great inspiration, thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love all of the texture and different stamping on this tag. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for this particular helpful post! Please routinely keep it going. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS