1/20/11

My first Amber Ink Project!

So if you follow my blog you know I don't color very much! Not that I don't want to, just don't feel like I am very good at it! So this month with Amber Ink is going to be SO fun for that very reason! I need to get out of my CAS comfort zone for a little while! Not to mention that the images are ADORABLE! So for my first project, I kept it a little safe, and went with an adorable easy to color image...but look how much fun....

IMG_9816_edited-1

Isn't that toaster adorable? And the sentiment?  Both of these are from the Mod Kitchen set! So fun! I think this could be a great guy card! I paired them with fun Basic Grey and PTI Hawaiian Shores!

IMG_9817_edited-1

The picture doesn't pick it up very well, but the black panel on the toaster is very sparkly...trying to get the chrome effect!  Looks better IRL!

So glad you stopped by today for my first Amber project!  Watch out for more soon! 

20 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Laurie! I love the layout and the colours and the image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome guy card...you did a great job with coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, mod card!! Great first Amber Ink creation:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card - the colours are fabulous and I'm in love with the Mod Kitchen stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE and true to LB style!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAY cute! Love the color combo and the little paper piercing along the bottom...Such a stylish card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! A different look for you but with true "Laurie" touches like the ribbon tab, tiny pearls, and paper piercing under the sentiment. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOOOOOh! Hehehe. So cute. I love the way this looks. You got it down, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very cute! I LOVE that sentiment! Are these digi images Laurie?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! I love the colors & punny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! It will be great to carry the torch with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a future classic to me! Love the colors and how you put this all together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laurie this is gorgeous!!! love the layout. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to venture out of your comfort zone--the toaster looks awesome! I love the retro-ness of your patterned paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe you should colour more often -- this looks awesome! Love the whole design. Welcome to the torchbearing club!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really caught the spirit of this set....so very 50's! Great job and looking forward to running around with you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a great job with this! :) The sentiment is cute and would be fun with popcorn too! I love your color scheme too! (That isn't Reece paper is it?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! Such a great layout and fun card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS