3/13/16

Super Heroes and Stars....

Its Day 2 of Group Posts at Papertrey Ink.  Today we have a fun little Dress Up Doll addition....Superheroes!

IMG_2839

For this card, I created a superhero from the original Dress Up Dolls set and then layered the superhero costume over the top.  I added her to my card base after dressing it up with Superhero Stamp set and Comic Strip Cover Plate.  I masked the card base off and stamped the polka dots in 2 of the boxes.  Its hard to see but I blended in some gray ink to 2 of the boxes for some depth.  Last, I heat embossed the sentiment on some black card stock and added the "bam" for another fun little detail.  

IMG_2840

This next card uses an awesome new set called Paper Clippings: Congratulations.

IMG_2849

I masked off just enough space for the sentiment to fit inside and the did a little ink blending in the center of the card.  Next, I stamped the sentiment in black ink.  I added the little glitter heart from the coordinating die set.

IMG_2853

I couldn't decide if the card needed some gold, so I tried out this look too....

IMG_2843

Which one do you like better?  Gold or Black Sparkle?

IMG_2847

And totally unrelated in today's post is some more cake.  Yesterday, I told you as I was typing up the first Group post, I decided that the sentiment should have been white.  Well, it bugged me so much I took it apart and changed it up and now i like it....

IMG_2857

I did 5 layers of this fun sentiment from the Best Birthday die.

IMG_2859

I love the dimension that it gave and I love how the white looks so clean!  

IMG_2860

That's all for today!  Stop over to Nichole's blog to see more of today's Superheroes and Stars.  We have another fun group post headed your way tomorrow!  Hope to see you then. Have a great Sunday!

14 comments:

  1. LOVE these cards! I think both the gold and silver sparkle stars are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice on the white sentiment for your cake card - I like the white better too. And the gradient background for you Congrats card is a great idea - and I just can't decide which stars I like better. First I think the gold then I think the black then I go back to gold again. I'm indecisive today. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the white looks, especially against the vibrant color of the toppings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny, Laurie ... BAM is what I think with every one of your posts! That little super-hero is a cutie - more of a Tween-aged one than the others? Black sparkle is so cool here! And then there's cake ... yum... sugar coma...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. That Super Hero rocks big time. Pink, black and white, duh!
    2. Stunner. Fell off my chair. Please don't tell me I need the stamps. Black sparkle for me.
    3. This way it looks like piped icing. I wouldn't have been able to let it go either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie patootie super hero card!! Your second is incredibly gorgeous and the cake...well...scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, these are awesome, Laurie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three great cards. Hard to choose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that superhero sentiment and the masking/inking on the second card is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the superhero but all are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards. Love the superhero girl. Perfect for my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your inking...it looks gorgeous. Think I'll go with the gold shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your inking...it looks gorgeous. Think I'll go with the gold shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS