6/15/11

Thanks a Bunch!

So today's card is a challenge! A challenge I came up with just for me! It included 2 things! Patterned paper and stitching. If you know me and my blog, you know that I do not tend to use patterned paper. I love it. I hoard it. But I don't use it! SO, here I am with a "stitched" patterned papered card! Yeah me!  (And excuse that huge black thing in the background of my picture!  Those are my big wooden scissors and they don't make a good photo background!) :)

IMG_1224_edited-1

Basically I just stitched around each square and then made a little one inch banner by cutting the strip and then cutting the banner shaped cut on the end!  I stitched it up too on the one end so it would look like those 3 layers are sewn together! See how tricky I am!  ;)  The Thanks a Bunch sentiment is from a Verve set (the name is escaping me at the moment) that I absolutely LOVE!  I stamped that in Burnt Umber!  Then I have a little rolled flower (MFT die) and I added a little plastic flower to the middle for a different look! The leaves are PTI felt and I just hand cut those into leaf shapes! 

IMG_1225_edited-1

I hope you like my card today!  I know you are in a little shock coming here and seeing this paper!  It's OK!  I am sure I will be back soon with a CAS card.....with no patterned paper...and no stitching!  LOL!

Have a great day!

17 comments:

  1. Such a great card! Great job with the patterned paper. They look great together! N

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!! You should certainly not be afraid to use patterned paper because this is AWESOME and it still has a Laurie Willison flare to it DESPITE the patterned paper. Adding that little plastic flower in the middle of the rolled flower was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Laurie! You know I'm loving the patterned paper especially. You dud a terrific job using jf and I adore that stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well listen here, Girlie, you should do more patterned paper projects because this card is beautiful! Just sayin. I love the different elements you've used and yet it is still very "Laurie" in style. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should bust out your patterned paper more often - this is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet - you totally rose to that challenge ;)
    Love the papers combo and your rose is the perfect embellishment.
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card, I too hoard my patterned paper....what if it is gone and I need it??? LOL Love your blog, clean and simple is sooo great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Laurie! I love the patterned paper. The rolled flower and sentiment are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to make something a little different :) Love the stitching and the rolled flower is gorgeous.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the same with PP! I love it and collect it but only seem to use it for envelope liners... oh, and paper-piecing. I def need to take a page from your book and try to use it on cards more!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you've done with the pp! The stitching is one of my fav touches - and that sweet flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the deep color of the main card with all the PP layered on top! Not much on adding stitches to my cards, but I love what you did. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Grief Charlie Brown ......... I LOVE THIS PAPER!! Always perfect ...... for someone who does not stitch or use PP ...... you sure make it look like you have been doing it for a LONG TIME. PERFECT ~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love the stitching paired with those patterns! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! The papers are gorgeous and so is that flower. What a great way to use patterned paper! I rarely use mine, only for paper piecing it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How pretty! I love the rolled flower with the resin flower inside! Such a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Patterned paper. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS