6/14/11

Clear and Simple: June Group Project

I am so excited because today is my first Group Post as a CSS DT member! For this group post, our challenge was to make our own patterned paper!

So here is my card and a few shots of the paper that I made!

group card

Here is how I did it....

paper step 1

I took the line stamp in the set and just alternated colors!  I used Toile Pink, Hay Stack Versamagic, and Green Studio G.

paper step 2

Then I went back over it again to make a plaid design.

paper step 3

And here is my paper all finished!

paper step 4

I matted the paper with green cardstock, added some ribbon and the main focal point!  I stamped the branch image and the nest in Burnt Umber, colored the leaves in with a Copic marker and then added a pink egg! 

welcome little one

Last, I stamped the sentiment again in Burnt Umber and then colored the "welcome" in with a brown colored pencil! 

I am so glad you stopped by today!  We are off and running with Summer! We have VBS this week, along with swimming lessons everyday and three nights of softball!  We are all going to need a vacation from summer vacation!  But we are already having tons of fun!  I am also getting settled into my new room!  I decided to move in temporarily until I can decide on furniture and a good arrangement!  I have some  pics I will share soon!

Hope you have a great day!


24 comments:

  1. So sweet laurie, lovely CAS design and thanks for the tutorial :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and sweet looking Laurie. Love the background and the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! That background is so perfectly straight!! That would take me forever to do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - love the mini tutorial on the bg plaid. Makes a very sweet baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, Laurie. I love your background paper and that pink egg is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE ~~ The BG paper PERFECT!! I love the CAS of this card ....... just a like a new baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous job Laurie! Love the bg you've created! Such a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an easy way to make a striking background. Great job, Laurie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this card from the moment I saw it! So soft and pretty! The patterned paper you made is great! I LOVE the pink egg in the nest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laurie, LOVE the background you created! LOVE the nest! This is just a FAB baby card! Your bow is icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious card! I love that you shared how you made the background paper and the exact colors you used, thank you for doing that Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a sweet baby card. Your background looks wonderful, especially in those soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You amaze me with your creativity...love the lined background! (Can't wait to see your new room!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and beautiful paper. I won't even ask how you got the lines so even. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!
    Love your background paper...
    and I'm not like Joyce...
    I want to know how you got those spaced so evenly?! :)
    Anytime I attempt something like this...
    let's just say it looks like a blind drunk person attempted it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super duper cute! LOVE that background paper you created! And the little nest with the pink egg is ultra adorable! I have been traveling a bunch and unable to keep up with blogland, so I hadn't even heard the news about you joining the CSS DT!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! So well-deserved!!! I promise to visit and comment more frequently when things slow down a bit in July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow--I'm impressed at how straight your grid lines are! Such a sweet baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. very cute, love the grid pattern in different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the PP you created, and the softness of your card! Beautiful! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet card Laurie! Love that little nest with the pink egg!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the way you've created your own patterned paper for such a sweet, little card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. love, love, love this, Laurie! you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS