6/23/11

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #8

Good Morning! I hope everyone is off to a great Friday so far! I am doing fantastic! I had HORRIBLE back pain at the beginning of this week and today it is GONE! Thank the Lord! I was able to sit in my craft room again yesterday and get crafty!

So today I am here with a new challenge...


This is a challenge with SO many possibilites!!  I have a fun CAS little edge on my card to share....

IMG_1263_edited-1

I used an adorable set from Market Street Stamps called Celebrate Cake...who by the way is our FABULOUS sponsor this week!  I stamped the star image 4 times, cut each of them out with a square punch and popped them all up on foam tape!  I added Stickles to each for a little extra fun!  For my edge, I used an EK Success Scallop punch and then layered a 1" x 4 1/4" piece of cardstock behind it!  Super easy! 

Click HERE to check out this weeks prize!  And don't forget to go to Market Street Stamps to check out their latest!  Super cute for sure!

Have a great day!

25 comments:

  1. Very sweet card. Love the colors. They remind me of candy. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the way you used this set - so unique! I agree with Joyce, the colors are super sweet and the way you peeked the bit of purple behind the white is just perfect! Fantastic eye candy Laurie! - Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the touches of glitter on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie........I just love the colors you chose for your card today. The stickles just make those wands "pop". I'm glad you explained how you did the scallops because without reading it, I thought you used the negative of the scallops and put it on the front. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this CAS ....... the color block are so fun and with a little sparkle makes it just perfect. I have to say that image would be perfect for a 4th of July card the way you have it here ..... might have to check my inventory to see if I have anything that will work :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun way to use the stamp set Laurie, I'm always looking for ways to make a set work differently. Love your colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. The stamp is adorable, Laurie! Love the colorful squares too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the purple peeking out from the bottom. Such a sweet detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Utterly delightful! The scallop trim is super lovely in this! Just PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I love the colors and the bit of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect celebration card! You nail CAS every time ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card, just love those little image squares and fab scallop border too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card! I love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice CAS card!! Love the effect of the Stickles!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Color blocking + getting edge here! Love your style girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet & fun card!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving all the color on this one! Bright colors too!! The purple edge is so cute and the sparkles are stars is perfect!! (My I missed a lot while I was away!!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute card. It's so colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card!! I love the sparkles you added! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the little sparklers! They look so lifelike! You have been one busy cardmaking girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute!!! What a great card! Hope I can find time to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this grid card Laurie! The colors look great against the white and I love the sparkle you added to the stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So CAS, so cute, and sparkly! Very fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS