3/29/11

Creative Explosion: Day 2

**Come play along with my Card Aisle Inspiration Challenge HERE!  I have a Mr Linky up and running!**


Welcome back to Day 2 of our Creative Explosion!  If you are just joining us, you can see Day 1 HERE!  The sweet Britta Swiderski (don't you LOVE her name?) asked me to join her this week and so we have several more days of craftiness coming your way!  Don't forget to stop over at her blog!  She has an awesome video on yesterday's post! 
So on to today's theme....Papertrey Ink's Doilies!  I was so happy when Brit said doilies because I have the new PTI set and this is the very first time I have inked it up!  I guess you could say I saved it for a special occasion!  :) 

So here is today's card...

IMG_0666_edited-1

The leaves have a little texture because that was a scrap piece of Ripe Avocado that I had run through my corrugator!  It was the perfect size to use with the new Turning a New Leaf Die!  The background images are stamped on Melon Berry with Bella Rose Palette ink.  I love this doily set because of all the different sizes that are possible!

I added a little tag from the new Tiny tag set!  These really are tiny tags!  I love that set!

IMG_0668_edited-1


So this is it for today!  I hope you will stop back by tomorrow to see some creations using a fun set by yet another company!  Stop by Britta's today too!  I know she is going to have something amazing for us with this Doily set!

I want to say a quick thank you to all of you who take time to stop by and leave the sweetest comments!  I just reached 300 Blog Friends and you have no idea how much that means to me!  Thank you so much for hanging out with me!!  Have a great day!

30 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Laurie. Love the flowers and the bit of lace peeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the colours and the layering and agree with Jay Gee - that bit of lace peeking out is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink and brown...gorgeous color combo...and the medallions on the pink = Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Really stunning. I looove my delightful doilies and the endless uses are amazing. I really love what you've done here - especially incorporating Tiny Tags & the Turning a New Leaf die - its all stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty!! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lovely, lovely! Pink, brown and green are so pretty together. Love the PTI goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, like the new blog header...very refreshing! Gorgeous card! I'm likeing the textured leaves and little tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS Laurie! I love all of the elements on this and the leaves, awesome! The color scheme is so fresh and spring-y! Oh, love the new banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!
    Love the colors and the dies...the flowers!
    And as gorgeous as the the doilies are...
    dying over the crocheted ribbon!
    Please share where to get!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is STUNNING!!! STUNNING, I tell ya!!!! Love the little peek of lace on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have saved this card in my "Laurie" file as this is such an inspirational card. What did I love? The lace, the little flowers with the corrugated TANL diecuts, the doily background, absolutely EVERYTHING. Love it. Started my day off right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my this is gorgeous! Probably one of my favorite of your cards! I love the colors and the doily background! Love the leaf die (Amy is going to have to get this yet, LOL!!) and the tiny tags!! And the lace trim (is that what it is) peaking out from under the cardstock is the perfect way to ground it all and is just so pretty! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card!! Love the layered focal image. Thought I could resist the Turning a New Leaf die but you are making it veeeery hard to LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is for sure a Creative Explosion ...... Lord have mercy!!! LOVE THE TANL die with the flowers ~~ just a super beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, look at those gorgeous embellies! So perfect! I love the texture you gave to the leaves and that tiny tag. The bit of lace peeking out looks so sweet with the doilies. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty. All of the embellishments work wonderful together, especially the little tag. Great job on your new web layout!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card Laurie! Love the colors and layout. You floor me with all your creations. I need to stop reading your blog because you make me want to buy everything that I've talked myself out of. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty Laurie, love the doilies stamped on the background, and the color combo is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy Freakin' Cow Laurie!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! Do you need my address? ROFLOL

    Luv Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is one amazing card!! love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful! Love that bit of lace! I need to use my corrugater more often!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well miss Laurie....this is gorgeous! I love the idea to corrugate the leaves and hang that cute tag from the stem! Just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh, this card is just perfect! I love everything about it. You are totally selling me on those tiny tags that I didn't think I'd need!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of the details here just kill me. Man, your attention to detail rocks! Love the colors you chose to put together, the tiny tag you have hanging down (I wanted to use one of those in my card today too but just couldn't work it in!), and, of course, the doily love. You rocked it! I can't wait to see what you come up with for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card!! I love how you combined all of the colors, and the addition of the flowers is just PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful card, soooo pretty!! LOVE IT!! :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a gorgeous color combo and a fabulously feminine creation!Love the corrugated leaves! I just got the leaf PTI dies and I LOVE them!!! Love the addition of the lace Laurie!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS