3/28/11

Creative Explosion with Britta!


I am super excited to be here with Britta this week! We have become great blog friends over the past few months and together, we have a week of creative goodness coming your way!  Britta was so sweet to ask me to blog along with her!  She is such a creative girl and I love reading her posts and watching her videos!  (Especially those hauls!  So fun to see what she buys!)  Here is a little bit about Britta...



Hello there! I'm Britta Swiderski - a cardmaker and scrapper who just happens to be Graphic Design major at the University of Minnesota. I spend my free time inking and making projects, cooking and trying to relax away from class and busy campus life. I've tried pretty much every hobby out there but always seem to gravitate towards paper and all of the amazing things that are possible with it. I'm so excited to be doing this fun week with Laurie and look forward to more teaming up in the future. You can visit my blog over at http://brittaswiderski.com/. Big thanks to Laurie for joining me this week!



We have a theme for every day this week and today's is the Hero Arts set, A Happy Hello!  So here is my card...

IMG_0659_edited-1

This was probably one of my first Hero sets and in setting up this week with Brit, it makes me realize, I just don't have enough HA!  They have some fun stuff for sure!  I colored the little bird with my Prismas and OMS!  The clouds are fun foam I hand cut and then stamped in PTI's Fresh Snow!

IMG_0660_edited-1

And lastly, the grass is green cardstock from DeNami that I hand cut with my Kai's! I added some Twinery Twine for a little more color! 

I am so glad you stopped by today!  If you haven't already, check out Brit's blog to see what she has created with A Happy Hello!  Don't forget to leave her some love!  I think she even has a video to watch! 

Remember to come back tomorrow for another creative explosion with Brit!  And if you have time, don't forgot to play along with the challenge I have open HERE

Hope you have a great Monday!



Supplies

Stamps: Hero Arts A Happy Hello
Paper: PTI's Spring Rain and SS White, DeNami Green
Ink: PTI's True Black, Fresh Snow
Misc: Twinery Twine, Prismas and OMS

26 comments:

  1. What a fun week that you and Britt will share with us all, so looking forward to it...love your cute card..super sweet, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Can't wait to see what the 2 of you come up with this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! That bird stamp is so cute. What a cool technique for the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! 2 of my favourite crafty bloggers working together. This is going to be a fun week. :)
    Love that colourful bird and your awesome clouds. And you're right - you can never have too many Hero Arts stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such a colorful, playful card, Laurie! I love the cloud you hand cut and the grass is perfect.What are Kai's? If they're a great new tool I might need them too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Laurie! So colorful and spring-y! Can't wait to see what you and Britta came up with! Love her videos too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute set! I'm not sure I have ever bought any Hero Arts stamps, but this would make me take a looksie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, this is such a sweet card! Love those hand cut and stamped clouds. They make such a cute background.

    Can't wait to see all that you and Brit have in store for us this week! Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to your fabby week with Brit - I love both of your creative talents, so I'm totally excited!!
    Your card is too cute - that birdie is coloured to perfection ;) Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Love the colors. Looking forward to see what you and Britta come up with this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is too freakin cute for words Laurie!! How on earth do you colour so beautifully with prismacolour pencils. I have the complete set of pencils here and I can't colour to save myself.......well I CAN if you like the kindergarten look on your cards! lol

    Can't wait to see what you have for the rest of the week!


    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super duper cute card, Laurie!! LOVE all of the bright colors and your whimsical clouds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two of my favorite blogs teaming up! Yippee! Should be a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ADORABLE! Totally adorable! I love that image and you colored it perfectly! Hero Arts' stuff is great, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is super cute, Laurie! Great job cutting out that bird ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun concept!! Love your card and the grass is just adorable :) Off to see what Britta has for me to drool over :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really pretty card and a fun way to be creative with a friend! As the DT Coordinator for The Twinery, I love seeing the baker's twine too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laurie, love this bright and cute card! What a fun idea to co-blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! I love the bright fun colors! And it sounds like you are going to have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. awesome fun week and a fabulous card to start it with!! Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That bird is too cute! I love how you colored her! And the grass and clouds are so cute too! Love all the color!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my the color here! You did a wonderful job of this here with those pencils! Love the cloud shapes the most!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're amazing! This card is so bright and happy, and you're a genius with making your own clouds. I thought you had masked them off and sponged them or something, but this is awesome. Amazing coloring as well! So glad and honored to be sharing this week with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is adorable! It's such a fun little happy card! Love your bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so bright and totally fun! There are those fabulous clouds again! Love 'em! The grass is fantastic too! Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS