1/21/11

Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 65}

This is my second post of the day so if you would like to see some more felt scroll down to my first post! I had to squeeze this challenge in this week so, here I am...sliding by!

I loved this color combo and it wanted to take me down....I won't tell you how many tries it took! But today I was successful!

Here is my card...

IMG_9841_edited-1

This card made me think of Christina, because she is always using bright colors so well! I feel like sometimes I can only use 1 or 2 colors at a time!  This is definitley a fun combo!!
That ribbon and the sentiment were the best blue I could find! I know it's a little light but I don't have a good blue ink or paper really! I colored the sentiment with a marker and the ribbon is also Copically altered! I recently bought ALOT of that seam binding so yes Dana....it will last me FOR-ev-A! LOL!

IMG_9838_edited-1

The stamp is a little $1 set I found at Joann's years ago! I knew I had to pull it out eventually! So glad I did!

Here is Stacey's yummy combo for the week....



Thanks for coming by this evening!



OH...One more thing....stop back by on January 25th for a little snowman goodness! Me and some friends are all getting together to bring you some serious snowmen!!


Have a great weekend!!

21 comments:

  1. Um, those colors would have scared me but you managed to balance them perfectly. This is a super card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors and what you did with them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I really like the layout. I'm glad I wasn't the only one thwarted by colors this week. We pulled through, though! ;) this card is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun take on the color story, Laurie! Just love how light and bright and cheerful you created it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the colors! I like that little bit of scallop that is showing! The PD background is super cute too! And, I LOVE the font you used for your name...have to know what that one is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you made it! You did an awesome job with these colors! This is just a great design and nice use of white space. And thanks for thinking of me--you're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that polka dot background and that flower stamp set! Those flowers look amazing in orange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun, happy looking card Laurie, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors and the blue ribbon pops out! Awesome card I say!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love the bright colors! The pictures of your cards are always so great - do you use only natural light?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what you need to drive around in my lime green beetle after making such a freaking cute card like that ....... and maybe listen to a bit of B52's :) I love this and the colors and still there is white space that makes it even more bright and fun!!! LOVE IT!!! I will be back on the 25th young lady ....... but I hope you give me something to drool over before that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Laurie! I love those flowers in orange and the LO is so fun! Never would have guessed you were stumped by this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card and I love the combo. It's a little spot of brightness in this gloomy winter weather!! Going to have to go buy me some seam binding. I thought I had loads from my days of sewing but guess I used it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your sweet card which would brighten up anyone's day! I just became a follower and would love if you follow me too!

    Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations
    http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty!! great balance of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love the juicy colors on this card!! Amazing as usual!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are some great colors together and you created a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS