1/12/11

Clean and Simple Sketch #122

Yes I am back...again!  Since I have been stuck in this house since Friday, I have had too much time on my hands!  The house is clean...kinda!  The laundry is put away....shocking right?  So yes....I am back with another card! 

So, when I saw this sketch on Natasha's blog, I knew I had to give it a shot! I loved her sample card with the bright colors and that inspired me to make a card of my own! I used a lot of inspiration from Maile too! I LOVED the first card in THIS post!!

So here is my version...

IMG_9737_edited-1

I don't know how well you can see my scalloped ruffle but it has several layers!  I cut 2 scalloped borders with the medium scalloped PTI die.  Then I rolled each of the borders up in a ball and just rolled them over and over in my hands, making them very distressed!  So much so that the layers of the paper came apart!  I peeled 2 layers apart in each border and then layered the borders themselves!  It gave the scallops a very distressed look!  Lisa Johnson did a tutorial on making flowers like this awhile back...can't find the link...but her flowers were so pretty!  I used the same technique here on the border!
IMG_9734_edited-1

Here is the CAS sketch #122....


So many possibilities!  Love it!!  Have a great day!

16 comments:

  1. Always adding that extra something! Well, I for one am glad you have time on your hands, because you have been making some really great cards! This one is no exception. I love the colors and of course the scallop Border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE COLORS!!! And the birds ... so sweet!! I love this set. Always so beautiful!! How the heck do you find time to make such amazing cards??? Another winner here young lady!!! FYI ..... I could not sleep this morning so I was thinking of a starbucks and tea cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have a winner! i love the bold colours and the polka dots and those little birds are too sweet. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely, Laurie. I love the way you inked over the patternend papers...that's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the stamping over the embossed blocks of color! and that ruffle came out pretty amaziog too
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Another amazing card with Love Birds. I loved Maile's card too and just love how you put a colorful twist on it. Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ruffled border! Great card:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so perfect for this challenge! I love it and all those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!
    I LOVE how you used this set- that is one amazing background! (going to have to try that distressed scalloped border too, it looks great!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Between you and Jen.....I sure wish I had time to play with this fun sketch! Love the stamping over your pattern paper and instead of a bow that you used twine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Really fabulous, striking card Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rich, wonderful colors you've combined are stunning together. They are so strong and give the bird cage a completely different feel from most of what I've seen thus far. The black ruffle is a great accent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE those scalloped edges with the extra dimension and distressing. I need to do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That ruffle is really cool! I didn't really notice that detail the other night! Super cute! Can't believe we both did this same sketch!! :) Well, what am I saying...yes I can!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS