5/04/11

With Sympathy..

Just stopping in to share a card I made on our Stamping Away weekend!  I found this fantastic stamp at Joann's in KC!  I knew it was a must have!  So simple to color!

IMG_0918_edited-1

I have been looking at this card since the beginning of April now and every time I see I think for sure it was inspired by Christina! She just left me a comment and said she owns this stamp! Such a gorgeous stamp and it's so her!! Thanks for all your inspiration Christina!

I haven't sat down much this last week!  We have Teacher's Appreciation week this week and I have been making lots of trips to the store....and to the school!  We are also making progress on our basement!  I am thinking my creativity is just NOT happening right now because of this mess!  I am a fairly organized person....everything has a home....when it doesn't have a home....the world is not right in my house!  Lol!  SO, hopefully by the end of this week, I will be painting my dd's room and my new scrapbook room!  We changing the trim down here to white!  I am thinking of going with Asparagus as my wall color!  Kinda daring for me!  BUT I love this shade of green!  It will look so great with the white trim and all my red and black accents!  I will hopefully share pics soon! 

Thanks for hanging in there with me!  Have a great day!


18 comments:

  1. You make sympathy look good, Laurie! Love the colors and how you used the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Laurie! I should use this stamp more often. It works so well for a sympathy card, and I love how you paired it with the woodgrain.

    Can't wait to see photos of your new space! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stamp! You're right it's perfect for coloring. Life does get busy, doesn't it? Hope you'll post photos when everything is done and back in its place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the 3rd single wood mounted stamp I ever bought! One of my faves for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen that stamp, but there is NO WAY I would have used it as beautifully as you did here. Good luck with the scrap room! Asparagus sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that beautiful image, and the card you made with it is sweet perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love...
    it's gorgeous!
    The image is perfect for this kind of card...
    perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Lovely stamped image and layout for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks just beautiful, Laurie! I love that woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is awesome Laurie! I adore that image and the way you colored it! I would love to see your room when it is all done! It sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that stamp! Beautiful sympathy card Laurie! That woodgrain texture was a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the perfect stamp for coloring, and you did a great job! Perfectly put together! Beautiful card! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cherry Blossoms are a favorite of mine so of course I love this! Great choice with this stamp set - I may need to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the red, brown, & frills together! great work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, Laurie! You are so good at balancing colors. Love that gorgeous bow! I didn't have time to leave comments on your other posts, but they are ALL wonderful! Looking at your projects is one good thing about coming back home from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous...as always. Love the simple elegance of it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a perfect sympathy card! Elegant & serene. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS