11/12/15

Introducing Winter Woods...

Winter is in the air for this latest PTI Release.  Or at least it is here in Kansas.  Yesterday it started out around 64 degrees and by 4pm it was 48 degrees.  Brrrr!  I didn't even have a coat with me!  I am not totally ready for winter but I am loving the stamps and dies we are showcasing today in the first Group Project of the November Papertrey Ink Release.

This first card was made using new stamps from the Winter Woods set.  First, I took some Aqua Mist ink and did a little soft blending in the background.  Next, I inked up the branch in Dark Chocolate and spritzed it with water for that watercolor look.

IMG_2259_edited-1

I inked up the greenery in Simply Chartreuse with a little touch of Ripe Avocado and again spritzed that stamp with water.  I did the same for the cardinal.  I inked her up with Pure Poppy and sprayed a a little water on.  I added in the details and sentiment in black to finish off the card. Oh!  And I added a little black pearl for an eye!  

IMG_2263_edited-1

For this next card, I used the Winter Woods cover plate.  After cutting in out of white card stock, I ran it through with my woodgrain impression plate for some texture.  I put this cover plate die on top of an inked up card base.  I also added the snow flake die in white ink on the Aqua Mist inking.  

IMG_2254

To finish it off, I added in the little bird from the set and a sentiment embossed on a vellum banner.  

IMG_2258

Tomorrow is another fun Group Post, so I hope that you will stop back by.  Thanks for visiting today!

Kay Miller
Amy Sheffer


Supply Lists:

hello

Stamps: Winter Woods
Paper: Stampers Select White Card stock
Ink: Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, True Black
Misc: Winter Woods dies


just a note

Stamps: Winter Woods
Paper: Stampers Select White
Ink: Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, True Black,Versamark
Misc: Winter Woods Cover Plate, Filigree Embossing Powder, Fresh Snow

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Laurie! You've inspired me with your cover plate over blended ink. Must try that tonight! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, love the bird stamps and dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are just stunning, Laurie! Love the pop of rd against the Aqua background 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, Laurie. I love your watercolouring on the first one and will definitely be trying this when my set is delivered :) It gives a whole new look to the cardinal. And your second card made me swoon; crisp and fresh and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS designs. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so sweet! I'm loving the birds and that coverplate is just perfect, love the size of the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous, Laurie!! I just love those birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laurie.

    Beautiful cards!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS