9/14/15

Nativity Inspiration

Are you loving the Papertrey Ink September Release so far?  There are so many fun new Christmas goodies, its hard to pick a favorite.  Today, we are showcasing the new Petite Places Nativity set.  I love having a Nativity to set up every year.  It has always been a tradition in my family to set one up before anything else for the Christmas season.  My most favorite, is the Willow set.  I love the clean and simple look with the neutral colors.  So naturally, I went with a neutral color palette for my CAS Nativity project.  



I have a card, a set of tags and a fun little ornament to share today.

IMG_1901

First, a CAS card using the gray, red and white color combo.  

IMG_1916

I stamped the Stable in a light gray and then the silhouette in a darker gray. Then I added in Smokey Shadow tree dies and a sentiment in red.  The background is embossed with the Medallion Impression plate for some added detail. 

IMG_1906

This new ornament die is so fabulous and has so much potential for a dressed up elaborate die, or in my case and bright white CAS ornament.  

IMG_1907

I added in the same colors for the silhouettes of the Nativity pieces.  

IMG_1909

I used the window die, to add white paper in the back of the ornament just to keep the background white.  

IMG_1908

Next, I did a set of 4 quick and easy tags.  I used Tag Sale #3 die for these tags, along with the new White Tag Stock....which is beyond fabulous by the way!!  I stamped a a sentiment from O Holy Night in Pure Poppy, added in a line stamp from Posted Stamp Set, and then stamped the same Nativity silhouettes in gray.

IMG_1925

I hope you have enjoyed my simple take on the Nativity projects.  There is lots more to see, so stop by the rest of the DT's blogs.  Here is a list of stops to make!

Amy Sheffer

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Have a great day!



12 comments:

  1. I like how you closed off two of the box windows! Shows another of the many ways you can use this box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's projects and goodies are my absolute favorite! LOVE all you created here, Laurie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious, top to bottom, Laurie! I have the darling Nativity set my own Mom made in a well deserved evening away from nine kids ceramics class she took ... I wish you could see it. Come for Christmas!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, Laurie! I have the Willow Tree Nativity, too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red sentiment is a nice contrast with the soft grays used for the nativity scene. I really love the religious sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving those mini ornaments, so so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects, and GREAT IDEA closing two of the windows,Thanks!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the clean and simple design of the narivity ornament,


    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Love the silhouette style.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS