9/16/15

Mason Jar Candle Holder...

So after I saw all the painted mason jars on Pinterest, I went and just had to make one of my own.  You may have already seen the first one I already posted on my blog.
You can see the Joy Mason jar HERE.  But I knew that the leaf dies would be perfect to make ones like I had seen on Pinterest.

So here is a quick run down on how I did this.  I used Enclosed: Leaf Die and cut out the shape with an adhesive sheet from Papertrey Ink.

IMG_1938

I cleaned the mason jar and then adhered the adhesive die on to the front of the jar.  Then I pained the entire jar with chalk paint from Hobby Lobby.  After the paint dried, I peeled off the leaf label to reveal the window.  

IMG_1939

Next, I made up a quick fall tag using the Leaf Prints Dies and added some thick twine around the jar top.  I fill the jar with coffee beans and added the candle.  (The Leaf Prints dies would also work well for a smaller jar and leaf window!)

IMG_1941

All of the Papertrey Ink Enclosed Dies would work GREAT for this mason jar project!  The apple die would make a great gift for a teacher.  That is the next one in the works here in my craft room!  :)

Thanks for stopping in!


22 comments:

  1. So pretty. Thanks for sharing the how-to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Great idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Great idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this over at instagram and had to come right over to learn how you made yours. So cool! Great job, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this ! Have to get some chalk paint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome! I believe I'll have to give this a try...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! Saw your first one, but this one is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! and I'll bet the aroma is pure heaven!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laurie, this is a great project! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this so much! I love the coffee beans inside too, can't wait to see more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've really been enjoying these all over Pinterest as well! Thanks for sharing how you made this! I love the opaque white matte finish on the jar. It sounds so easy. Was it a spray paint you used (I can't see any tell tale signs of drip marks or brush strokes!) I'll have to try and figure out what white chalk paint Hobby Lobby sells!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Laurie. I will try to make a few.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Interesting. I'm glad to find out this beautiful decorative candles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it so cute and quick to make . 😉👍

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS