11/22/14

Have a bright and merry!

I have been a terrible blog friend for quite some time.  I haven't been keeping up on blogs like I used to and I hate that.  I know there are so many fun things going on out there and I am missing out.  I do however see some cards here and there in my Flickr feed.  I was scrolling this morning and saw 2 cards using these Dual Stitched Dies from Lil Inkers and I felt inspired!  Laura Bassen had one with the coolest background of little polkas and Amy Kolling had a gorgeous one with embossed snowflakes.  So I pulled out my dies....

IMG_9979

I used the Dual Stitched circles from Lil Inker on the base of my card.  I added in some Pure Poppy patterned paper underneath.  I stamped this adorable Christmas Tree from SSS and added in a scrap of card stock that I colored with a brown Copic.  I popped the tree up on foam tape and layered it on the front.  Next, I used a little star die and some gold card stock to decorate the top of the tree and a little strip along the bottom.  

IMG_9981

So that is it for today!  So happy to be inspired this morning.  I am looking daily for the lost mojo and this makes me happy.  I am however having TONS of fun with some DIY crafting.  I recently hosted a Christmas craft day at my house and we made several things.  Here is picture of everything grouped together.

Untitled

We made the burlap banner on the wall.  I used the most amazing Lawn Fawn banner dies for that and then we painted the letters on with stencils I made using my cameo.  We painted the NOEL letters with a gorgeous red and brown wash.  We painted and distressed the mason jar salt and pepper shakers and then we decorated the wine bottle/candle holders on the tray.  The tray is all decorated up and currently sitting on my table.  I love it!  I have 2 big distressed signs in the works, so I will have to come back and share soon!


Hope you are all doing well!  Thanks for coming by today!




Supply List:


4 comments:

  1. So cute1 Glad that you were inspired today, it's so nice to just craft for fun every once in a while, and your craft day sounds like a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie love today card inspired by Flickr and your DIY projects. So glad that you are finding time to craft for you and not for a commitment! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to see you crafting in any way, shape, or form! All of these look great... I am again wishing you lived around the corner!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS