7/30/11

A little inspiration and my Craft Space!

So yesterday Paper Crafts tweeted....What's going on in your craft room this weekend?  And I tweeted back...my craft room is on hiatus!  I really thought that after Gallery Idol and a fried brain that I would just clean up in there and take a break.  So I did clean up and I even took some pics of my new room....as I have promised to do several times!  Then I closed the door and sat down at the computer!  I was excited to have time to waste spend on Pinterest!  Immediately, I found lots of inspiration!  I just started pinning away....until I found this...


So basically I told PC that I was on hiatus...and now I'm not because I hopped right back in my cleaned up craft room and made this....

IMG_1851_edited-1

Our eye doc in town has asked me to make him some Thank you cards to give out and once I heard about this Lawn Fawn set, I ordered it right away! I have been so busy that I haven't had time until now!  And until this Pinterest pic!  Love it!!  I love how it really looks just like the picture!  

IMG_1852_edited-1

The glasses are stamped in True Black and Fresh Snow!  Then I ran that panel through with the Linen IP!  Do I ever NOT do this?  Yes, I am addicted to that impression plate!!

So that is it!  Always amazed at the inspiration over at Pinterest! 

NOW....I have taken a boat load of pics for you to see my new space!  It's nothing extravagant but its mine!  And its so nice and bright and cheery!  It's the total opposite of my old space which you can see HERE...the old dark cave!

So here is my desk!  I am going on a trip to Ikea in September and I can hardly wait!  Until then I am using this white plastic table that I have had for years!  

IMG_1823_edited-1

Just another angle in front of my table!

IMG_1825_edited-1

Here is my work space!  I do all my stamping on this black piece of foam from Michael's!  It fits perfectly on my Scor-Mat that goes right on top of my Scor-Pal!  I have the Tonic Guillotine trimmer, which I LOVE, and the Creative Memories Personal Trimmer from years ago!  I use both on every card I make!  I love having the big one for large pieces of cardstock and the small for more detailed cuts!   That white basket at the front of the table is all my acrylic blocks!

IMG_1828_edited-1

This ink holder is an old casette tape holder I found years ago!  I stores all of my ink so easily!  The CD rack to the left holds all of my sentiment sets from PTI!  I love having them separate to be able to grab quickly!  My Copics and Big Shot live on this table too!  All within reach!

IMG_1830_edited-1

This is right below the table pictured above!  I keep all of my PTI cardstock in this hanging file!  It is actually a drawer for the little shelf on the right but I found it is so much easier to just keep out!  Then I have things stored on the little shelf! The top 2 totes are all of my DeNami stamps!  I have them stored by sentiments in the top tote and then all the images are in the bottom one!  So handy for me to grab! 

The drawer below is sort of a problem area....a problem being that I am sort of addicted to those little rose buds that Michael's recently discontinued!  As you can see, I have several packs hidden in that drawer!  :)  I also keep some miscellaneous trims and all of my felt there!  Right under that drawer is my scrap box!  I have all of the scraps thrown in there....not handy believe me...but I am working on getting that organized soon!  

IMG_1843_edited-1


I have had pics of this shelf here on my blog before but its probably my favorite part!  My dad made this for me from the instructions that Nichole Heady had on her blog!  

IMG_1844_edited-1

He made me 4 ribbon shelves and then converted the 2 bottom shelves to store CD cases!  I love this because I know I will never have as much ribbon as that lucky girl Nichole has!  LOL!  And here my stamps are again right within reach!

IMG_1839_edited-1

This is how I keep my Nesties now!  If you looked at my old space, I used to keep them on magnets right up on a mirrored wall I had in that space!  It was so handy just to grab what I needed!  Now since I am trying to look a lot less cluttered, I am storing them all in this 3 ring binder!  I cut some thick plastic and attached the business card magents to each and then just put each set in a pocket of these 3 ring card holders!  I love being able to flop through and find what I need!

IMG_1841_edited-1

I have a few more pictures in a group on Flickr!  You can click HERE to see those!  I didn't want to bore you with too many pics here!  And Joy....I tried to do a video tour of my space....but I sounded terrible and fidgeted all the way through it!  It wasn't pretty!  LOL!

I want to send a HUGE thank you to all of the AMAZING friends I have out there in blog land!  I was shocked....seriously shocked at all the comments and emails I received yesterday with sweet words of encouragement!  Thank you all for that!  It really made my day so much brighter!

Thanks for coming by today!  I hope you have a great weekend!

55 comments:

  1. OMG!!! that is such a fabulous use of inspiration...its hard to say who inspired what!! the pin inspired your card or vice-versa!!
    I love your crafty space..not having any spare room and working on the dining table sure makes me envy your space...
    I love your space, no wonder, it the place where gorgeous cards are created...Thank you so much for sharing your space!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! So THAT'S where the magic happens hey? What a beautiful place to stamp Laurie.......I could definitely imagine spending many hours in there. You should put a little flip out sopha in there and then when its bedtime you could just curl up! lol

    Luv Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe this card is sooo close to the inspiration photo!! Just fabulous!

    And you already know how much I love your room.....even better that I got to stamp in it! I looked at my lighting and my room only has 4 bulbs for the entire room to your 8....so that's the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the cards you make. You are so skilled at design work. I'm sure the doctor will really appreciate these. Great work area - so clean and organized. I think I only have two of PTI's sentiment sets but that's a good idea to have them separate and handy. I still cling to too many of my old SU stamp sets. I really need to put them up for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW Laurie, what a beautiful room you have to work in, its so light and airy - I LOVE IT. I'm still working on DH for my ribbon holder ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, really love your card Laurie. I think I am going to have to case this one! Love seeing the pics of your room too, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is fabulous! And...now onto your space! Too of my favorite organization tips I'm going to snatch up from you...one the magnets..I just moved all my dies into a three ring binder...but I need the magnets because they keep falling out. Second..love the little box for your acrylic blocks. I need that because maybe mine occasionally get buried under other things? :) I have a tip for you too...I moved by scraps to an accordian file with a pocket for each color. That really helps me use my scraps more (can see red in one pocket, orange in the next, etc.) and it's easier for me to pick out the colors. Take care Laurie! Love your space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Laurie! This card is genius! I just love it, it's spot on with the pic!

    Your room is fantastic and I love your storage ideas too. My husband agreed to make me a Nicole shelf after seeing your! WAHOO! Thanks gf! Seriously, though, it's awesome and I want to come over and play! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey LB! I love your space. It IS cheery and that green is wonderful...then again, I'm a huge fan of most anything green. ;) You are very organized and that gives me hope... since I'm also organized I hope to maybe make some beautiful creations like you someday! ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know when I email my non crafty friends the topic is typically Nerd Alert :) 1. I am a nerd and 2. I wear glasses ........ and I lover green so you had me at HELLO:) Your doctor will love these cards ....... they are so adorable!!!! And now you have to made a few with your inking trick to make tortoiseshell glasses ...... Your room looks GREAT ......... you have it organized so perfectly!!! Love it LB ~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cards are amazing!! What a great thing for your eye dr. to give out and how appropriate. Laurie your craft room is so pretty and bright! I love the fresh feel and am so in love with the shelf your dh made that is like Nichole's. going to have to get my dh to do the same, except I will probably never have as many PTI sets to fill it!! Thanks for sharing your creative space with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laurie.........Love the card and how perfect for your optometrist!!! And your bright and cheery space is just amazing!!! AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card! Thanks for sharing your space, it is so well organized and cheerful. I really liked the way you organize your nesties. Mine are just still in their packages thrown in a box. Ugh! If nothing else I need to do the magnet thing. By the way, totally bummed you didn't make it through to the top 5. I voted for you :( I really liked your baby blanket card. Thanks so much for the beautiful creations you shared during the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card and your crafting room! So nice to see everyone who has a craftroom, the way they store their items. One day I'll have my own room for all my stuff, for now it's called my master bedroom :)! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, love your craft space and that card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful place to create! So inviting! It inspires me to get busy and get my place better organized.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card! I need to get some impression plates but I worry I would never use them. Love your crafty space!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great space to craft in! I love how you have everything within reach.

    And that is a seriously cool card - the glasses are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. EEK! LOVE YOUR SPACE! So organized and crisp! Just love it.... And I LOVE THAT CARD! I have that set and will be honest. Completely stumped on how to use it. I have only used the sentiment so far... I just love what you made with this. Very creative and artsy! Seriously, you could frame this and use it as art! Just love it!!!!!! I am about to send you an email. Keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Laurie, this is amazing!! That card is perfect for your eye doctor and looks exactly like the inspiration photo...so cool that you had a glasses stamp!! What are the odds?! Thanks for posting your studio photos as well. I have been following Nichole's posts as well and her, plus your, photos are inspiring me for my new room in the house we are building...yes, a trip to Ikea is in order :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am trying to create a space for my paper crafting. Right now I have to share a space in my laundry room. Thank you SO much for sharing these photos. It gives me a lot of ideas and inspiration! THANK YOU! Every time I visit your blog, I leave with inspiration!! :)
    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome card and awesome craft space!!! I would LOVE a space like that!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Laurie you just blow me away...pretty much on a daily basis. This card is great. I don't think you could have gotten it any closer to the inspiration photo. And I'll admit I'm jealous of your craft room. I would love to have that much space. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so in love with your craft room!!!! It's amazing!! everything has a place, so perfect, no wonder you make such perfect cards:) I love that card you made, too. Couldn't be a better card for an eye doctor to give away!!! gotta love pinterest! where did you find those wooden spools for your twine, so in love with those!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing your space, Laurie! I got some of those quickutz magnetic books you shared on Twitter the other day...they are FAB!

    That card is so clever and adorable...love those glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow what a pretty pretty space!! All the white with pops of black and red is stunning. Perfect card for the dr too! He will love those!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eeek, oh my goodness, Laurie! Your card is so amazing and I love glasses so I think you've just enabled me to buy that Lawn Fawn set. LOL I love your studio, too, and can't wait to get settled into my new house so I can have a space of my own, too. ;) As for Gallery Idol, you will always be a winner in my eyes! You did AMAZING and you should be so very proud of that.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well, of course, that's because you're amazing, talented, and oh so lovable! Thanks for this peek into your craft room - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so cute! It looks exactly like that photo!! So fun!! It was great to get to stamp in your new room!! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for sharing your lovely craft room tour with us. I love what you did with this card and am glad that you took a little hiatus from your hiatus. :) I voted for you every step of the way for gallery idol and am so impressed with what you created for it! You have every right to be proud of yourself for everything you've accomplished lately. :) Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I loved the wander around your craft space..it's so light and airy, you lucky girl :)
    Love the card, such a great take on the inspiration...that stamp set is on the wishlist now :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE your room..those are my fav. colors..love how tidy it is ..GORGEOUS!!
    Many Happy stamping in your room!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your room. I have a very similar layout to yours, though mine doesn't look nearly as nice. Great paint job in the room, too. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. First...
    fabby card!!
    Love those glasses...
    and it looks just like the photo...
    adorable!
    Second...
    love the room!
    Very envious of your bright, spacious crafty space...
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. love love love your card AND your room!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing...I really love seeing where people create!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fantastic card Laurie! I love it! And your stamp space is so organized, clean and bright! Thanks for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  37. how on earth are you so tidy!!
    do you have a link to nicolas blog?? I NEED better ribbon storage, mine is appauling!
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  38. adorable card!!! Your optometrist is going to love them!

    What an awesome space! Love the color scheme! Have to know though...what is up with the flashlight? Tell me its the lighting trick for photographing cards and I'm stealing DH's flashlight right now. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That card is so cute, perfect for the eye dr! And your space if beautiful, so bright and clean and nicely organized! My die storage is similar to yours... I've been meaning to take pics to share but haven't gotten around to it yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've looked at this post a dozen times and continue to be amazed at how well you recreated that sign. Wow! Your eye doctor will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I see your amuse|studio inks on your desk! I love seeing your work space - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  42. those eyeglasses are extremely cool, and I love your craft space!

    glad you've recovered after idol!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a brilliant card girl! LOVE that take on the inspiration pic -it's perfect! Also, LOVE that crafty space!!! I can see why you get some great inspiration in there!!! Love the storage for the dies - must try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Eek! I am dying over your adorable card. It is so fun!! Your craft space pics are super inspiring. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  45. what an adorable card, laurie! and i just love your awesome room! thanks for sharing-love to see scraprooms!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Where do I begin? First off that card is the cutest thing I've seen! Second, your craft room is amazing! I can't believe how many PTI stamp sets you have. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you Laurie for the pictures of your amazing scrap space! So inspiring. I have a great space my hubby set up for me but I still have some clutter issues. LOL Thank you for sharing. Curious do you store your PTI dies the same way?

    ReplyDelete
  48. First off - I love your card!!!
    Second - Your craft space is simply amazing! Thanks for sharing! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Such great pics, girl! Looks like lots can get done in that well-organized, inspirational space! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a beautiful craft room! I love all your organization, it looks like a great place to relax and get creative!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Finally had a chance to come back to this post and really check out your photos of your new crafty studio!!! It looks AMAZING, Laurie!!! LOVE it!!! A little birdie told me about an upcoming visit to Colorado!!! Looking forward to meeting you in person, girlie girl!!!! YAY!!! Oh...and your glasses card is so super funky and cool---AWESOME work!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love your modified ribbon rack! Gonna copy that for sure! I was wondering how you store your PTI dies? I am looking for an efficient way to store them. I'm off to IKEA this weekend to get new a new craft room setup, so I understand your excitement about a new desk! Thanks girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Fabulous take on the inspiration photo and what an awesome craft cave you have! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hey Laurie! Thanks for linking this up to the Spectacular Spectacles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ...and I LOVE that your inspiration came from the same poster I showed on the blog post announcing the challenge, and yet you had used it for inspiration the year before! Great minds and all! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS