3/11/11

A CASE and some Coffee

So yesterday I received a sweet comment from Julie @ Paper Trufflez!  I had not visited her blog before and so I had to go and check it out!  When I got there I saw lots of amazing projects and I eventually came to THIS!  It was instant LOVE!  Her card is amazing!  What struck me most was the coffee cup and I thought to myself..."I must make a coffee cup like Julie's!"  And so I did.  And then I figured I might as well just CASE her amazing card. So I did.....

IMG_0469_edited-1

Not quite sure what it is about her cup but it was just oh so cute!  I loved the way she colored and shaded and so I had to copy!  :)  I realize that I just don't pull out those Copics enough!  (And yes that is the canvas IP you see in the background...again....can't put it down!!)

IMG_0470_edited-1

The black strip on the side is an embossing folder that always reminds me of a sweater!  So I thought this would really go with the whole "warm and cozy" thing!  I am not sure how well you can see it but I distressed one edge of this!  It adds even more to the whole "warm and cozy!" 

Glad you could come by today!  The kids are out of school and I am going to a huge kids clothing consignment sale close to Wichita!  I am ready for some bargains!  :)

And thanks again to Julie!  I so love that card!!  Thanks for the inspiration!

Have a great Friday!



PS..I know the link to my most says make it monday, then after hitting POST I realized I would have been turning my CASE'd card into a contest!  Oopps!  In all the excitement of Julie's red coffee cup I didn't even think about that!  So I sent a note to have them remove it from MIM and just wanted to clarify!  :)

29 comments:

  1. Laurie - yet ANOTHER gorgeous card! I'm off to check out Julies now!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love this card! the embossed panel, the RED scallops, the little bit of bling! So so fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Julie's card too and you did a great job of casing her card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cozy, indeed! Perfect coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and the colors you chose, Laurie! Your coffee cup looks just as cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable, Laurie! I really like the colors especially and the ribbon peeking out,too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. I have a coffee card on my blog today too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love. It has a perfect balance of color, texture, etc.

    P.S. I adore your CAS style. It's so easy to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Laurie! Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cuteness! I think I need to go make myself a cup of tea. LOL! Love the cozy color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this cosy card Laurie - I'm wowed by your embossing details too ;) Great CASE!
    Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I love this Laurie! I just saw this card on Julie's blog today before I even stopped over here! You did a fantastic CASE! I love your colored mug too! That IP is just too fun, don't put it down please!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT CARD!!! I would say that you used Julie's as inspiration...so many differnces. Love where you went from the inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What can I say??? WOW just doesn't seem enough. I am casing this card...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great one - I just love your work. You put so much thought into your art, but it always looks so comfortable and easy. Thanks for sharing - I think I'm going to put a pot of coffee on... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that I have a moment to comment...this turned out great! Your coffee cup looks great and your card is cozy so mission accomplished!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet! I love the fun layout and your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have Julie's card saved to case also, haha! I love yours, the black and red, the embossing folder (my fave), the scallops, everything is just so pleasing to the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very beautiful! I like how you take little elements: a piece of black cardstock, a red border, a little ribbon and a few drops...and make a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your colors are always so bold and fabulous! Another wonderful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been a "Julie follower" for many years now...she's the bomb. And this card is top notch Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!! Brilliant Laurie! The inspiration card is fabulous!!!! Thanks for linking to Julie's blog - more eye candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Swoon, okay, so many of my favorites-- coffee, kraft and red, CAS. I love this card and thank you for linking to the inspiration, b/c it's awesome too. Creative juices flowing here....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this card - I actually like it much better than the original (I think the black really sets off the red) and the little cluster of bling looks great. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great job on the CASE card!! Not a coffee drinker myself, would have made it hot cholocate. ;D Kristen is right, the black sets off the red so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so cute! I just love the red polka dot ribbon! Cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this Laurie! I love the color combination.....that PP really pops! This is a fabulous CASE!! Of course, I like the pearls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You know, I was so inspired by your use of this embossing folder that I bought it for myself. Now if only I can do it half the justice you do! =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. i want to remake that card of Julie's too! i love your version.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS